Need advice on how to react to a really nasty break up

Ok. So basically last night a girl I've been with for about 12 months put a photo of herself on Facebook/instagram spooning another guy in her bed presumably the morning after they had sex and tagged me in the photo with the caption being about how I won't be needed anymore. At the time it felt like a kick to the nuts and now I am so angry/embarrased and feel on the verge of going into a fit of rage. Would be great if someone with a clear head (which is not me at the moment) could give an opinion of how I should react to this.

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• You have to keep in mind that she did that to annoy, hurt and anger you – don't do her the favour. It's understandable that you're angry and embarrassed, but don't show her. It is exactly what she wants. Be the bigger person. Any sort of reaction, be it an angry comment or a comment to show you don't care, would be wrong at this point. Just completely ignore her and pretend you don't care. That will annoy her the most.

As for being embarrassed, I can understand that, I'd be, too. But see, the thing is that every single person who sees that picture with that caption will realize why she did it and what a nasty bitch she is. If anyone has reason to be embarrassed, it is her.

1|1
    0|0
    • I agree moral people will see her as a nasty bitch. But I feel a group of people out there might think she's cool for doing that. Some people are like that nowadays and its messed up.There's always that person that would comment on that and be like "You go girl!"

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 14

• just ignore her. She just wants to embarrass you and makes you jealous. I think everyone who has 8 common senses would understand and know how classy (sarcasm) she is posting tacky pix on FB esp knowing her ex (you) can see.

I wonder why you still have her on your FB? Are you staying friends or hoping to get back together soon? But, regardless your circumstances, I wish you much lucks to move on in your life.

0|0
    0|0
    • I don't have her on FB anymore but until she posted the picture there was no indication that we had broken up or going to break up that's why I got a shock when I saw the pictures.

• That is SO wrong. Like, that just makes me want to rage. OMG. Where do these girls come from?

*cough* ANYWAY, I would just be classy about it. Pretend you never noticed it, don't respond. And most importantly, block her. What she did was super hurtful and stupid and cruel, but if you are the better person, SHE looks stupid. :)

Good luck, and I'm so sorry this happened to you...

1|0
    0|0
  • Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry :(

That's probably the worst scumbaggiest way to break up with someone, some girls grr.

anyways please realize to go above her level. I don't suggest talking things out, or talking to her at all. I would simply move on from her, get rid of momentos of her and don't associate with her anymore.

Good luck, sorry man.

1|0
    0|0
  • Don't do anything! Leave it the way it is! Believe me, just don't do ANYTHING.

Leave the tag, don't say anything or do anything.

People will see how terrible of a person she is.

You must be the better person, it is good that you are asking others first before doing anything. I give you props for that.

2|0
    0|0
  • Don't do a thing. What you don't do is what is the best way to go about it. Just leave it as it is, continue living life and life as though nothing phased you. If you really must take a jab then continue gong on Facebook/instagram and just continue living as though nothing happened. The best part is that she will end up being the one who will stalk your page.

0|0
    0|0
  • Im so sorry this had to happen to u. What kinda of person would do something so ugly. I'm glad I decided to ask for help instead of react. My suggestion is to take the hint but so her no reaction. Just move on.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's really immature of her, and I would tell her that. I would just send a message telling her that you're sad that she has to be so immature about this break up, and that you hope things go well for her in the future. Also, tell her that you don't have to deal with stuff anymore since you guys aren't together, and then I would delete/cut her out of my life.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's REALLY bad. What a ****. Untag yourself, delete/block her on Facebook, and never speak to her again. There's really nothing else you really could do. No reason to talk to her or anything. Don't acknowledge her ever again.

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly, I feel so pitty for her, is she insane? That's f***ing tacky! If I would see that on my wall, I wouldn't think: "Awww poor ex" Id think: "What a bitch, everyone who wants a picture with her gets a free ride as well?

0|0
    0|0
  • She's a tacky hoe

Be lucky that you're no longer with her

0|0
    0|0
  • lol what a bitch, most guys would be calling her a slut for posting something like that on fb. Seriously, the best way to react is not to comment on it, or anything on her page, to unsubscribe to her news feed, just make it look like you didn't really look. You can also report the photo to fb under bullying/discrimination and it can be taken down. She won't find out it is you. The best thing you can do is be free, find someone better, and eventually put the relationship up on fb, with no tagging. She will see it, and feel like a slutty biatch for posting that photo when you're getting into a relationship.

1|0
    0|0
  • Just move on.

0|0
    0|0
  • Damn I don't even know because if something like that would happen to me, all I would want is vengeance! Every time something unfair happens to me, I get thirsty for vengeance. But I don't want you to get in trouble for a whore like that so not sure what to tell you. I think you should just delete her and never talk to her again no matter what.

0|0
    0|0
  • everyone says to start no contact, and make her wonder why you are not reacting. this will make her wonder about you. and you can work on getting better. this is only if you want her back... no contact is hard, but don't make the mistake I did and go psycho. this will damage your chances...

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 9

• Untag yourself and delete her. This is pissing me off too, since women have broken up with me then rubbed it in my face when I treated them good and they had no reason to go on the offensive and attack me other than the fact they didint care and it was entertaining to them. Did she break up with you first and then do this or is this the break up? Either way its f***ed up. And if this is the breakup and she intentionally cheated to hurt you, ultra f***ed up. Dude from what I can tell you seem like a nice guy and she had no reason to do this other than for the fun of it. That she wanted to break up with you for whatever and wanted to do it in a "fun" way (to her) . Your pissed not because your an ass but what she did hurt and is just extreme betrayal on her part. You have ever right to be pissed. She didint even respect you or felt bad about breaking up with you. This girl seems like a slut and the type of girl that's just uses guys and doesn't respect men at all. Men get the brunt of these accusations but that overshadows the double standard out there that there ARE women that use men and see men as less than human and expendable. I'm rambling but I've been through this and it just makes me livid hearing this. And its not just guys and girls. But, its f***ed up to double cross or backstab anybody unless they deserve it. Of course, this is like THE ultimate backstab.

0|0
    0|0
    • And Call her out for what she did, let her have it once. Then when she comes back somehow crying victim and saying everything was your fault for some manufactured reason she makes up , delete her and rid her from every aspect of your life as fast as you can before it does anymore damage.You don't get over this sh*t easily. Say how you feel and how she's a tramp and get out. She needs to face repercussions but don't feed her argument she will try to create after that.

• No she didn't break up first, the picture online was the break up. I agree its really bloody annoying.

• Messed up dude. And borderline sick if you really liked this girl and cared about her and she knew that. I'm sorry bud, its just beyond words what she did. F***her dude, forget about her and find someone better. And how did this other guy show up all of a sudden? Really raises questions... she thinks she's cool and a player. But really that was super low. Its a classic example of women nowadays trying to act like men or their skewed perception of men. Like theyre getting back for their pasts

• Shes a little *hore. Ignore it, tell yourself I'm better then you, and I will find someone that won't disrespect me the way she has.

Shes a straight dollar hoe. You will find way better. Don't even get upset. She's a waste of time and energy.

0|1
    0|0
  • dont rage out, she's not worth it if she's that ignorant to break up with you like that... immature, rude, and slutty... you don't need her in your life, find someone whos got better morals... a little class

0|0
    0|0
  • Preferably, I would suggest to pay no mind to it. Not even to untag or anything. She's just doing it for a reaction so it's not even worth it. Just remember you are the one that assigns value to things.

0|0
    0|0
  • Understand that she feels that their was a better option besides you. Call her, ask her if she'd like a coffe or some lunch. Talk it over. Maybe she was drunk or in fit of rage. Just talk, and at the end say your good-byes.

0|0
    0|0
  • tell the mutual friends. she made you look like a looser. reply back with being a honest guy in relationship and she is the whore. it might take a toll on you for now as being seen as a looser ain't good. but you can get over it by coming out of this strong. look better, and do things that you like to do, enjoy your life. a whore is a whore and you can not do anything about it. But if you keep that seed of vengeance in your heart it will change you too. so just discredit her socially. and rest will be taken care of by her own character. one who blows good things so abruptly can never be happy in near future (I don't know story of her side, hope you were good on your side).

above all, dude take care of yourself. I know what you are going through. anger, despair, regret and all those bull sh*t emotions. Just forget her and be better. Don't take it on you, its her loss. Move on.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's been said plenty, but I'd like to reaffirm that you've got to "be the bigger man" because anything otherwise is just stupid.

0|0
    0|0
  • There's a reason why she's your ex. Just let her go.

0|0
    0|0
  • Like the picture, and add the comment : "Staying classy as always, babe. Lucky for you, only a dog returns to his vomit."

2|3
    0|0

Recommended myTakes