Are "Is he breaking up with you" articles actually accurate?

We have been dating for over a year and things have always been difficult, I am terribly paranoid and he is not the most stable persona, not because he loves me one day and the other not, he just takes changes pretty hard, but other than that its been a bliss (believe me). Lately we have been seeing each other less and less and he says Its because he is juggling a lot, between various jobs, a pregnant sister and family, yet he always called me, texted me and told me he loved me. We had less sex, at least once a week but before It was 3 or 4 or 5...So I started with the articles, and well, It all seems to make sense, the distance, the lack of sex, the everything is more important.. So I talked to him and told him that If he liked someone else or even if It was just about not wanting to be with me anymore I could understand, and that even if It was sad It was better for the both of us. He told me NO and that sometimes you just need time and that he truly was busy and that I had to think If I was prepared to deal with that. So I did... Until this week, his sister recently had a baby(6 days ago) and she's had a rough time, apparently she has depression and he has been the one helping her all along since she has a 2 year old already, so we have been talking very little to none and he no longer says he loves me, only when I say to him. So, to finish here, what should I do, believe in the signs and accept he is breaking up with me or believe is just a difficult time for him?

Sorry for the long post

Thanks!
*Please don't think I'm selfish, I understand the situation he is In, the fact Its been hard on his sister and that he is the only one in the family who can help her 24/7 since his work allowed him some time. But I just want to understand wether is just about that or that If he is really not interested anymore and that just serves as a good excuse to distance himself more...

26

Most Helpful Guy

• Those articles are never accurate. Never.

They take what are common signs in any relationship, and tell girls that it's over, because that's how they sell next months magazine, the one with the cover story about how to land the guy you're crushing on.

Your boyfriend is going through a very rough time. He made the mistake of thinking that after a year, he could treat your relationship as a point of stability in his life, instead of treating it like a spinning plate which needed constant monitoring.

You should sit down with him the next time you see him, and explain that your relationship is not as stable as he seemed to think it is - Your paranoia is getting the better of you and you need him to re-affirm your relationship more frequently, in order to keep the paranoia at bay.

If he decides that his time is better spent dealing with his sisters actual real problems, instead of your paranoid induced self-imposed problems, then you might as well break up with him, because he should know that you're not the sort of person he can rely on in a crisis.