Is an Ex ever worth it?

I hate the on-again-off-again thing, but hasn't there ever been an ex you always just seem to get back with in the end?

It's been two years since I last talked to that ex and now out of the blue he's trying to get in contact again. Anytime we talk we end up getting back together and I don't know if I can handle that again.

In anyone's experience, has there ever been a happy ending with an ex? Or once it's over the first time, there's no hope?

We first met while I was with someone else. Then about a week later the person I was dating at the time broke up with me and I was upset and he was there to comfort me the entire time. We had such a great relationship when we were just friends, then everything changed when we started dating... We started to fight more and break up and get back together constantly. We had a lot of bad times but all I can remember were the good times...

I'm looking for someone to tell me we could work through it, but I need someone to tell me it's not worth it.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• Its not worth it, you always remember the good times, and never the bad, but what went wrong the first time will continue, because if the both of you were not compatible to sort it out the first time, then your not compatible this time, only compatible couples get past the bad times without falling out, so save yourself some time and pain, and just remain friends, otherwise your never going to move on to better things, your always going to be happy with less than your pottential,x

0|0
    0|0
    • I guess all that's left to do is to handcuff myself to a radiator and wait until this urge to get back with him is over lol.

Thank you so much for your answer.

• lol, I know it can be hard to fall back, but just remember, what good is it going backwards in a relationship, realize your pottential, and realise, he's an ex for a reason, because you have more pottential, that way the urg to fall back into what you were before becomes less attractive,x

• My friends have planned a girls night without our phones so that'll definitely keep me checking any emails, calls, or messages from him.

Thank you for taking the time to help me through this too :)

• If you constantly break up and get back together, that is the sign of a bad relationship. Maybe stay friends with him, but don't start dating again, what's happened is likely to happen again. I'm telling you it's not worth it, try dating other people, you will find someone much better than your ex.

0|0
    0|0
    • The worst part is we tried that. We dated other people and I ended up meeting a great guy who was the perfect boyfriend and we never fought or anything, but I never felt anything for it. I'm not sure if I was still hung up on my ex but anytime I'm with somebody else it just never feels as right as when I was with my ex. I keep thinking maybe we've both matured since then but I know I'm just making excuses for myself.

Thank you so much for you answer.

• Show All
    • That was an example. I didn't dump him because we didn't fight, I dumped him because we just couldn't work. He was the type that was perfect on paper and perfect to other girls, but everyone has their own idea of perfect. He was a push over and sometimes I just wished he'd stand up for himself. The little things he did started becoming more annoying, It's not like he couldn't get another girl in an hour anyway.

• And it would be easier to move on if he would too. He's always brings up my favorite memories of us together and I completely forget why it didn't work in the first place.

You've never had a relationship like that? So unstable but left you with such great memories?

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes