Do I notify my ex before unfriending him on FB?

I got a new boyfriend and I want to unfriend my ex so it won't be awkward and all. Do I have to tell my ex before doing it?

We haven't talked for 3 months. I tried to be friends since we broke up but he ignores my messages by not replying to them but never unfriending me or anything.

• No, just unfriend him.
    Vote A
  • Yes, send him a quick message saying you are going to unfriend him.
    Vote B
  • Alternative or see answer
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Breakup was mutual but he might have taken it worst than me (getting drunk, etc...). I really, genuinely wanted to be friends afterward but he just ignored me totally.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• If you are no longer on speaking terms, and he ignores your messages, there is really no reason to inform him of anything. He has made his intentions clear that he does not want to talk to you, so why continue to give him access to your personal life and photos?

If you have a new boyfriend and start posting pictures of you two together, it will either upset/anger him or he won't care. Either result is of no benefit to you. You're better off not having an angry ex disrupting your new relationship if you really value this new guy.

Besides, if you unfriend him, you come out on top as the person who has moved on and forgotten about him.

0|0
    0|0
    • True, I just don't wanna be rude you know. At the same time, we aren't talking so it wouldn't be that rude right?

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• Don't bother saying anything. It could start a potential argument. Some people on Facebook can be annoying and have a "How could he/she unfriend me! I am awesome beyond God!" attitude.

0|0
    0|0
  • You really don't have to do that.

You're still friends, and it will be hard to find him someday when he disappears from you, and decided to change his name.

Though, if you really want to persist in your decision, notifying him will do a good job.

0|0
    0|0
  • How'd it end? I'd say in general it'd be better to at least let him know.

0|0
    0|0
    • Ah, ya, give him time. He likely still cares about you and is hurting. There's nothing atm you can do to solve that, but try and get mutual friends to help him out and kinda, through them, show you still care and wanna be friends. Once you've found out he's OK and moved on, then you can try for a good friendship again. There are ways to make a break up work where you can be friends after, you just gotta give it time for him and then come back and talk to him about it when he's not so emotional.

• unfriend and block. killer combo

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• There's no point in notifying him. He probably won't even notice that you did it right away. Facebook doesn't tell you when someone unfriends you so it won't be awkward.

0|0
    0|0
  • you have no obligation to tell him. its just gonna hurt him in the long run. If he notices tell him the truth. your entitled to your freedom.

0|0
    0|0
  • no reason to tell him, it's his fault for not staying in contact with you, he's not worth you telling him at this point. go ahead and unfriend him, no prob.

0|0
    0|0
  • He's your ex you haven't talked in 3 months just unfriend him.

0|0
    0|0
  • No don't say anything and unfriend him.

0|0
    0|0
  • why do you need to notify him?just do it

0|0
    0|0
  • What's the point? Are you trying to open up the communication again? Just end it.

0|0
    0|0
  • you don't have to inform him anything.just unfriend him & delete him from you life as soon as you can

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes