Do I notify my ex before unfriending him on FB?

I got a new boyfriend and I want to unfriend my ex so it won't be awkward and all. Do I have to tell my ex before doing it?

We haven't talked for 3 months. I tried to be friends since we broke up but he ignores my messages by not replying to them but never unfriending me or anything.

• No, just unfriend him.
  • Yes, send him a quick message saying you are going to unfriend him.
  • Alternative or see answer
    Vote C
Breakup was mutual but he might have taken it worst than me (getting drunk, etc...). I really, genuinely wanted to be friends afterward but he just ignored me totally.

85

Most Helpful Guy

• If you are no longer on speaking terms, and he ignores your messages, there is really no reason to inform him of anything. He has made his intentions clear that he does not want to talk to you, so why continue to give him access to your personal life and photos?

If you have a new boyfriend and start posting pictures of you two together, it will either upset/anger him or he won't care. Either result is of no benefit to you. You're better off not having an angry ex disrupting your new relationship if you really value this new guy.

Besides, if you unfriend him, you come out on top as the person who has moved on and forgotten about him.

• True, I just don't wanna be rude you know. At the same time, we aren't talking so it wouldn't be that rude right?