I don't want to break up with him....help?

This guy asked me out a couple weeks ago at a hotel. We hung out at the pool and talked for a while. He also told me he wanted to kiss me, but we didn't. A couple days ago I found out from a friend that he texted her saying he wanted to bresk up with me cause of our past (he was texting me and my friend goodnight babe, but he wasn't going out with anyone). Plus he doesn't want to hurt my feeling, and he told her he still likes me...

Is there anyway for us to not break up-or for us to somehow get over our past?

thanks for the help :)

02