What are Greek Families like?

I am just curious because I am currently dating a Greek guy. He was born in Texas but moved to Greece when was 5 and just moved here 2 years ago(he is now 24, turning 25). I can tell that he is very family oriented(which I do admire). Things have been getting somewhat serious(we have discussed our futures with each other...marriage, children, etc.). Now, I'm worried about whether or not I will be accepted into his family because I come from a different background. I am African-American, American Indian, and English. I am not too sure how they would feel about the relationship. I know that my family would not mind, just as long as the person I am with treats me the way I deserve and that I am very happy.

So, what are Greek families like? Are they accepting of non-Greeks marrying into the family?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• My family is Greek, but we're very Americanized now lol. I can't speak for traditional Greek families, but I know mine is definitely fine with it. In fact, my Yaya (grandma) wanted to marry a non Greek because she was tired of her Greek father having the "I am the head of the house" attitude.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• Oh yeah big time. They are gonna hate you JK. I don't know as long as you love each other who cares right? I'm sure they will love just show that your a good person and love their son and I'm sure they will be open arms. What I do know about greeks is they are usually very hospitable torwards their guests and as you said they are very family oriented when they see how much their son loves you they can't help but welcome you into their family right?

0|0
    0|0
  • Much better than American ones

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Musical, loud, religious, patriachal

0|0
    0|0
  • The 2 greek families I've known were very musical, loved food and went to church a lot.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes