Is there truth in this statement about cheating?

I always believed that it was guys who cheat more and very few girls do it. But reading on forums like GAG, I realized that almost the same %age of guys and girls cheat. What I am trying to think is what causes it. Is it right to say that guys do it knowingly and intentionally and because they think they can get away with it. Girls on the other hands "fall" into the trap because of their vulnerability and do not actually realize they are getting emotionally attached to another. This may not be the rule but isn't this the case most of the time?

65

Most Helpful Girl

• I think in the generation that is typically on GAG (18-29, typically) guys and girls cheat evenly. In older couples like in their forties and such, the man is more likely to stray.

Regardless of statistics, it doesn't make cheating by any gender less wrong. I think people typically blame neglect for cheating (guys usually blame sexual neglect while girls usually blame emotional neglect). Why they seek someone else out rather than solving the problem I don't have a clue, but cheating is wrong no matter how neglected the cheater feels.