Is there truth in this statement about cheating?

I always believed that it was guys who cheat more and very few girls do it. But reading on forums like GAG, I realized that almost the same %age of guys and girls cheat. What I am trying to think is what causes it. Is it right to say that guys do it knowingly and intentionally and because they think they can get away with it. Girls on the other hands "fall" into the trap because of their vulnerability and do not actually realize they are getting emotionally attached to another. This may not be the rule but isn't this the case most of the time?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think in the generation that is typically on GAG (18-29, typically) guys and girls cheat evenly. In older couples like in their forties and such, the man is more likely to stray.

Regardless of statistics, it doesn't make cheating by any gender less wrong. I think people typically blame neglect for cheating (guys usually blame sexual neglect while girls usually blame emotional neglect). Why they seek someone else out rather than solving the problem I don't have a clue, but cheating is wrong no matter how neglected the cheater feels.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• Both genders cheat just as much as the other but it's usually different reasons that lure them into cheating.

0|1
    0|0
  • Both genders cheat just as much. Guys do it and they get away with it so do its because their partner is either oblivious or love them too much to let them go even though he or she betrayed them

0|0
    0|0
  • I've heard that girls cheat more, I don't think the "fall into a trap" or anything like that...I don't believe in accidents when it's about cheating, they do it knowingly, it's a choice

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not sure on the reasons why men and women cheat but those statistics are about right. Most findings indicate that men and women cheat pretty much evenly, buy women appear to cheat slightly more often. I think guys usually end up cheating because they often crave something new strongly. I think girls usually end up cheating because they feel neglected or wronged in some way. But no matter the gender, I think that if you're cheating you don't truly love the person you're with and you feel there's something missing. And I think that's complete BS about girls not realizing when they're getting emotionally attached to someone.

0|0
    0|0
    • Everything makea sense. On the last statement though, it may not be true most of the time but I don't think itnis "BS".

• Yeah there are exceptions to every rule but I think that for the most part, girls are very aware of that kinda thing.

• Ok. Then we are at peace. :)

Actually, I did have a reason to believe in that about "realizing too late" about girls but it will need a long explanatipn. :) I just witnessed a few experiences that led me into that.

• Guys cheat more.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• Both genders cheat about the same amount and for very similar reasons, ie they are attracted to someone else and create an excuse as to why its morally okay to lie to their partner. Excusing women because they 'fall into a trap' and they are 'vulnerable' is ridiculous.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've read before that women actually cheat more often than men. But I'm not see how much I buy into it. I don't think gender really affects it. People are people and some people heat e cause they aren't happy with their relationship

0|0
    2|0
  • Most GAG statements are from real life experiences, first hand and fresh in writing.

Thus, there's a truth in your statement.

0|0
    0|0
  • Women cheat more, guys just get caught more often ;-D

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think so. I think some girls also do it because they think they can get away with it, or because they think it's somehow justified based on something the guy did. Revenge, in other words.

0|0
    1|0

Recommended myTakes