Has anyone tried hypnosis, to overcome an addition, with any success?

I'm trying to get over a guy; I've already pushed him away, then I end up calling him and we hook up. He's an addiction. However, no censure please...we're both married (he's separated). I love my husband and my lifestyle. This guy was an accident; the attention was heady. I thought once I had s3x with him, I'd be able to move on. But, I can't get him out of my mind! I gotta do something, I can't concentrate. All the advice says make a clean break, but, not working. I was going to make a clean break when he transferred, knowing I couldn't contact him then; but, now I find out he may be here 3 more months. If you have tried hypnosis, please let me know what did/didn't work.
  • Yes, worked
    Vote A
  • Yes, didn't work
    Vote B
  • No, never
    Vote C
  • I never have, but know someone who did with/without success
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I've used NLP and other audio CD's to help after a bike wreck scrambled my prefrontal cortex. I still can't remember that well, but I've used the techniques to deal with heartaches, too.

Try reading this from hypnosisdownloads.com: link

It's about sex addiction, which is different than the way you're defining your feelings - being addicted to the person and not the deed... but I think you can work your head around it if you listen.

I've used a lot of their downloads and they're pretty good.

0|0
    0|0
    • Thank you. I'll go check out the link. I've got to stop the pain, somehow.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• it can be very helpful but its not magic, if done right it can help you change your self.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• no, but meditation helps

0|0
    1|0

Recommended myTakes