Should you just leave your ex boyfriend for good?

Okay so here's the deal. My ex and I have been through hell and back and still till this day we talk. I will admit I was the worst girlfriend out there. I mean I cheated on him with his old best friend, who introduced me and my ex in the first place. I treated my ex like sh*t. I lied. He stuck by me through everything. I mean we kept breaking up and getting back together for three years.

We broke up and stayed away for good after he moved in with me. Things were getting better between us, but we both were working and we lost our spark. But when it was good between us, it was amazing. We are 100 percent comfortable with each other, he's the only one I can be my true self around. We make each other laugh and we do love each other alot. It was one of those love hate relationships. I mean when we were together we were so disfunctional and we fought all the time, but at the end of the day we shook it off and just loved each other.. But I know in my heart I can't live without him.

So anyway we stopped talking for a couple of months, we finally started talking again, and he moved on In a sense. He has a new girlfriend and he told me about it. He wanted me to be the first to know, but the very same day he kissed me and told me she might be a rebound. So today we hung for the entire day and honestly it felt like nothing changed between us. Everything felt perfect. It felt like he was mine again.

Yes, I know I don't deserve him after everything I put him through, but I honestly want another chance with him. I have changed for the better. I was stupid and young for treating someone like that. He agreed with me that it was an amazing day. He told me before we said bye that this day made him re-think things over. Also how he doesn't know what he wants anymore. Its not fair to me or his girlfriend, especially after how we keep fooling around every time we see each other, or the things we say.

I told him I just want him to be happy with whatever choice he makes. I know I was dumb to let him go and treat him like that, but if he does give me another chance, I will not do that again.

Idk I guess I needed to vent about this on here. I mean if you were me, should I just walk away or see what he decides?

and one more thing, do you think you could be friends with him after he decides?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• I'm sorry to say, but I'm going to be honest. I think it's stupid to try to think your going to have a healthy relationship with this guy. You said in your question:

"we kept breaking up and getting back together for three years."

Don't you think three years, you'd figure things out? I think this is very dysfunctional as you've said. It's also called codependency, when you addressed the fact that "he's the only one I can be my true self around".

The big problem is, he's not the only one you can be your true self. They only thing I can see you two having in common is cheating, lying to yourselves in which you think it's going to work again. Wouldn't you also think that wouldn't work after you two kissed, while having a girlfriend of his own? That right there means he's not loyal, and hasn't changed at all.

I'll tell you right now, I think the same stuff is going to happen, because you haven't' changed, and he hasn't. The reason I think that, is because you still believe it's going to work after those three years (a healthier person would see that). Secondly through you words, I can tell you have feelings for him.

Now, I think the only thing that might work out, and I don't really agree with. But the whole "friends with benefits" idea. And lastly I'll just say that I don't think any relationship would work between you two. You need to walk away, and start fresh, and stop CHEATING, AND LYING to people you care about, plain and simple.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's certain you have a lot of chance with him.

Stick with him and see what he decides.

0|0
    0|0
    • I usually don't go off on people, but don't you see all the codependency, and the dysfunctional relationship they where in?

"he's the only one I can be my true self around"

"when we were together we were so disfunctional and we

fought all the time, but at the end of the day we shook

it off and just loved each other."

"I will admit I was the worst girlfriend out there.

I mean I cheated on him with his old best friend"

"we kept breaking up and getting back together for three

years."

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes