What's the deal? Suddenly doesn't want to hang out?

Im a freshman in college. My ex girlfriend from 11th grade that moved away is now back in my area. I'm on spring break right now and we were supposed to hang out this weekend but she suddenly texted me to hang out today, then changed her mind the next day I guess.

Her: hey. (: want to hang out?

Me: Tomorrow?

Her: sure. (:

Me: When are you gonna be around?

Her: all day. (:

Me: OK well I'm spending the night with my grandparents and I should be back sometime early tomorrow afternoon, so I'll let you know :)

Her: alrighty. (:

Today at like 2pm:

Me: Hey, been kind of busy. Are you good for sometime after dinner maybe 7pm?

Her: I don't think I'll be able to today .

Me: When do you want to then?

She never replied so I'm kinda confused. what's going on?

Most Helpful Girl

• There could be many reasons why she cancelled on you. Some that come to mind are:

1) She got busy and couldn't respond back and then forgot about it

2) She was annoyed at you for something

3) She was in a bad mood and didn't feel like she would be good company for you

4) Something came up, like an emergency or illness

Only she really knows why she cancelled. The thing to remember is that you don't know the whole story so it's best not to jump to any conclusions. I know that's hard to do sometimes. I'm sure in a few days you'll know why she cancelled. If you don't, well then know you know that it might not be a good idea to reconnect. I wish you the best of luck!

What Girls Said 5

• well, maybe she just didn't want to hang out so late? Or maybe something happened, like a family emergency, or something like that? I'd say give her some time.

• Maybe she couldn't do the nighttime. You told her you'd be ready in the early afternoon, then YOU changed the plans.

My guess is: She might be disappointed and annoyed. Either way, it'll pass.

• Shes just messing with you. I say, don't waste your time if she's gonna be so flimsy with her plans etc

• Maybe since you told her you'd be back early afternoon, she assumed you'd hang out around then. My guess is that she was anticipating hearing from you earlier and when she didn't until "the last minute", she got annoyed. Perhaps she wanted you to make her a greater priority.

I've had a guy like that before, we would always make general plans for a day but he would never give me specific details about the time. I'm usually pretty busy and trying to wait on him to figure out my schedule at the last minute would get me really annoyed sometimes. But she said she was free all day so idk...

• yeah I thought of that. but I texted her at 2 and told her what was up, you can't be mad at me for stupid crap like that...

• She can. Two IS early afternoon. You essentially texted her at the exact time you should have hung out!

• lol she said "all day" so...

• maybe she just lost interest.

• well she's liked me for at least 2 years, so I don't know if that's possible. do I just not text her?

What Guys Said 0