What's the worst way you got dumped by someone?

Be as honest as possible, I'm not trying to judge anyone.

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• My very first break-up happened at lunch one day during my sophomore year of high school. The guy and I were literally, like, two feet away from each other...and yet, he had two of our friends deliver the news. If that is not a spineless coward, then I don't think I've ever seen one.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 22

• So my girlfriend said we where going to come out at the same time. I told my mother and she didn't take it well and basically disowned me. Then my girlfriend said she didn't want all the drama and didn't come out, then dumped me

0|0
    0|0
  • I've only been dumped once but we'd been dating a month.. I was fifteen... I really really liked him and I tried so many different ways to hang out with him, movies, dates, etc.. but he never would... he was a pothead and I didn't know it, and he just all of a sudden told me that he wanted to break up over MSN one day... that he wasn't ready for a relationship.. Then he totally ignored me after HE asked if we could still be friends..

A few years later he mentioned that he should've never broke up with me... now that I am more or less happy with my boyfriend of almost seven months.. :)

0|0
    0|0
  • "I want to date people... I just don't want to date you." Followed by "I mean I gave you a chance."

1|0
    0|0
  • I went to Flordia to visit my dad, and I got a text from my friend saying he was breaking up with me.. not a text from him, but my best friend.. I was like, What the hell.

0|0
    0|0
  • By text message and then a week later he asked to be fwbs . I told him to go fuck himself

1|0
    0|0
  • Over text. This guy and I had been talking for a really long time and we had hit it off and everything, and then he said "sorry, I found someone else"

0|0
    0|0
  • Without knowing what you did wrong. And by voice message or email/text!

0|0
    0|0
  • Over text

0|0
    0|0
  • Over a text

0|0
    1|0
  • Text lol

0|0
    0|0
  • By text.

0|0
    0|0
  • I got a cake, and it said " it's over " -.- even though I was 15, it was still a kick in the pants. . .

0|0
    0|0
  • Over a text message

0|0
    0|0
  • My own friend told me he told her he wanted to break up :/

0|0
    0|0
  • Not talking at all and when I said something about it he immediately broke up with me

1|0
    0|0
  • Just disappearing on me. That one hurts a lot. At least have the decent to let someone know

2|0
    0|0
    • yeah that happened to me last year with my best friend... she just completely ignored me after christmas... makes me not wanna celebrate that holiday anymore :(

• On the first day of summer vacation I was at a party with some friends and decided to send a quick text to my boyfriend of 4 months. I said 'Hey, I'm already missing you! Lol, we should plan something to hang out this summer! I'll text you in a bit though, I'm at a party like I said earlier.. Love you!' and he responded seconds later with 'This isn't going to work' and I was heartbroken and didn't answer, we don't talk to this day. I still miss and love him.

0|0
    0|0
  • Over the phone 2 weeks after the school year was over and it was summer vacation.. I even asked "So you never loved me?" While I was crying so damn bad. He couldnt even reply to that. But what the hay, we were only together for about 2 and a half months and he was my first and only bf/ex and I was only 15 at that time.

Im so happy I know what kind of guys to avoid now. Ones without babymamas. Thats for damn sure

0|0
    0|0
    • I meant ones WITH babymamas lol

• The worst way was when he stopped talking to me all together. The night before I said no to sleeping with him so he said he was going to bed and I should leave. So I left. Next day I texted him to ask if he wanted to hangout like we talked about. Nothing. So I didn't text him again or anything. Then 3 days later I called, because I thought maybe something bad happened to him or something. It rang through, no answer.

I ran into his friend a few weeks later and his friend was like he's such an a**hole I'm sorry. He apparently just didn't bring me up anymore etc. So all his friends were like what happened. A week later he had a new girlfriend. So I was obviously just someone he wanted to sleep with. Glad I didn't! Just because you asked me to be your girlfriend doesn't mean you get it, I'm not an idiot lol.

1|0
    0|0
  • In a text. Very weak.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 17

• My girlfriend at the time called me...and after one month and 11 days of being with me...she said she still had feelings for her ex...and that she "kinda knew things wouldn't work out from the start"...I was already crushed...but...3 days after this happened...which..happened to be yesterday actually...I logged onto Facebook...and...she was already back with her ex...the first thing on the news feed was her being in a relationship and in one of her statuses she posted...Ive waited 6 months to have him back in my life...and I don't want to lose him...which made me feel like complete sh*t...she never actually cared about me after all...I told her while she was breaking up with me...you used me...she said "no I didnt"...its funny how she just stopped crying at the end there and seemed to just fake the whole thing...make it seem like she was crying ...when all they were were crocodile tears...she faked being sad during the breakup...just like our relationship...she still has my bike that I rode to her house the first time when I asked her out in -5 degree weather for an hour and a half...I didn't go to school today because she's in 2 of my classes...Im going to be suspended tomorrow...so there won't be a confrontation then either...but...on Friday...Ill have to see her...at least in class...hopefully she doesn't stop me in the halls after class...shes texted me 4 times since we broke up and those were all before she was going out with him...which the time in between us breaking up and her starting a new relationship with her ex was only 3 days... :,(

0|0
    0|0
  • She ignored me for two weeks and then just started texting really nasty things to me. She claimed that by ignoring me, she "told me" that she wanted to end things. She really was rather immature. Fortunately for me (but unfortunately for her now-husband), someone else (well, her now-husband) is serving my life sentence with her.

1|0
    0|0
  • Befor I saw it I'd like to do some disclaimers. 1. I don't violently hurt women. 2. I don't stalk women. 3. I'm not a threatening person.

I got a restraining order served to me while I was on my way to work. Then I called my boss and was told not to come to work for awhile. So yeah, didn't eat much that month.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never have because I've never even been given a chance by any girl :/ those of you who have been dumped in bad ways, just be thankful that it was at least fun while it lasted, sucks never being given the slightest chance at all.

1|0
    0|0
  • I broke up once at a local favorite eatery. Couldn't go back there for like a year without it feeling awkward. Haha!

1|0
    0|0
  • right after i get back from my 2week vacation over text, saying "this isn't going to workcout, we shouls find other people, and you can find a girl better than me."

0|0
    0|0
  • In a text and then be totally ignored and later on treated as a stranger.

Happened to me...terrible experience..It just shakes your whole world apart knowing the person whom you loved is able to do this to you. It makes you wonder if their love was ever real and it makes you feel so cheated and hurt that it's no way to make sense of it all.

It took me months to get over the initial pain I’m still hurting from it...it's been 6 months now..it's just you unbelievable how someone can do that to you without feeling bad about it or at least admit that they are sorry in way that is believable.

0|1
    0|0
  • By a letter in the mail 2 weeks after I left for the army.

1|0
    0|0
  • When it's though text or through one of her friends. If you can't break up with someone in person, you have no spine.

0|0
    0|0
  • It would be through social media sites. I hate it when people don't tell you things upfront.

0|0
    0|0
  • I got dumped on Facebook, just logged on to find out I was single lol. I wasn't too bothered about her anyway though, so it didn't bother me.

The most annoying one for me was when I was meant to meet my girlfriend in town, I walked for 30 min to get there, she told me to go to hers so I walked for 30 min to there thinking she had a free house (thought I had a shot at losing my V at the time), I turned up and she dumped me, completely out of the blue, then I had to walk an hour home :( Joke was on her in the end though, she broke up with me for some other guy who didn't actually want her, I found someone else then she came crying back and I told her to piss off lol

0|0
    0|0
    • That happened to me too, subtract the walking part :)

• The walking was the worst bit! Well, other than the crushing disappointment and heartbreak :P

• with a letter, and then with a phone call

0|0
    0|0
  • in a text on the day before Valentines Day

0|0
    0|0
  • Whatsapp.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never been. Juz hope it won't happen..

0|0
    0|0
  • In text

0|0
    0|0
  • My wife was mistreating me so I told her I wanted a divorce. She begged me for another chance, and I decided to give it to her. I went to work the next day and when I came home she was gone. She had just wanted to be the one that left me. My only regret is giving her another chance. It really bugs me that I didn't get to leave her. At least I was the one that ran down and filed for divorce before she had a chance.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes