Should my ex and my girlfriend meet?

my ex wants to hang out and she wants me to bring my new girlfriend over for a double date (with a guy ik she doesn't really like but that's another story)

anyway, they've been talking on the phone a lot and Haven't met in person. my new gfs mom says she is against it because girls can be vicious and my ex might have feelings and react violently.

the thing is, talking on the phone they seem to get along so well and have a lot in common (which scares me just a bit. lol.)

what do you guys think
  • Meet
    Vote A
  • Don't meet
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
btw, this was THEIR IDEA. not mine

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Their idea is still not a good idea. Imagine this. They are kerosene, you are a lightener. Kerosene does not mind a little more kerosene so when they talk on the phone it they like each other, but when meeting, including you-the lightener- someone's bound to say something about you that goes BOOM to the other.

And there you have it. A surefire recipe to the mother of all catfights.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 17

• NO for what logical reason - to boost your ego? Sounds like the ex still likes you -- why would you DO that to your NEW girlfriend UNLESS you still want the EX... I know I would be HIGHLY upset there is no logically reason for them to meet..

1|0
    0|0
  • Bad idea. Your ex doesn't need to be hanging around you and your new girlfriend. Plus you said the new guy she is seeing is not someone she is really interested. I don't know your history with hyour ex but it could very well be an attempt to try and make you jealous. Which defeats the purpose of "hanging out as friends". I'd say tell her that you don't think it's a good idea and don't bring her into your relationship.

1|0
    0|0
  • No. No. No. No. No.

Your ex has nothing to do in your life.

Nor in your gf's life.

It's easier to get along on the phone than when you're sitting on respective ends of a table getting physically confronted with the fact that the one you used to kiss is now kissing someone else, or the one you're with speaking way too comfortably with a girl who's not you.

No.

Don't.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, tbh when I read your question I was like, why the hell would you want to do that for? lol. Eh, I personally don't think you should but if they get along anyways they might just go ahead and meet without you. You know how your ex is so do you think it's a good idea? Sounds like you two are still friends so maybe it wouldn't be too bad. Just seems kinda awkward. lol. XD

0|0
    0|0
  • Bad bad bad bad bad. My boyfriend tried to do that and that's the reason I stopped liking him. This is a TERRIBLE idea. They will both try to be making each other jealous and not in a good way. And, unless you still have feelings for your ex...stop all connections with her, your girlfriend can't be happy with that.

2|0
    0|0
  • No love interest wants to know about your ex's, even when they ask, they really don't want to know. If your girlfriend wants to meet your ex, let the two of them meet. Just don't get yourself involved. You might just be the catalyst to a conflict.

0|0
    0|0
  • You need to finish up with your ex, say hello to her, for birthdays and Christmas. Unless you want to have trouble. I would be against having you involve my daughter with your ex. Not good!

1|0
    0|0
  • Wow. People are sad. The fact that your new girlfriend and ex can get along is awesome. Yeah, women *can* be vicious, but not all women. And, it's up to you to decide whether or not these two women would be like that.

I am still friends with some of my exes. I am *mature* enough to know that our time is *done*, and we were together for a reason just as we broke up for a reason. I have talked about current dates with my exes and vice versa.

They have gotten more jealous than me but whatever.

I think it's great, and one meeting couldn't hurt. If it gets awkward, just end the night. Don't let it continue. And then you'll all know you tried.

0|0
    0|0
  • An ex would only care to meet your girlfriend if there was a possibility she still has feelings for you. Don't do it... There is no good behind that idea

1|0
    0|0
  • That sounds awful. First of all, won't it be awkward for you to watch your ex-girlfriend on a date with another guy? I know you say she doesn't like him, but it sounds to me like she'll be going over the top to try to make you jealous. Also, as someone else pointed out, they might start talking about you. That could make you uncomfortable, or worse, your ex could put some bad ideas in your current's head about you as a boyfriend - out of jealousy or simply because you guys didn't ork out.

If you really think your ex isn't petty and that your girlfriend won't be jealous or resentful, have them set up their own coffee date or something to get to know each other. I'm still sort of wary about this, but if they can be grownups about it, there shouldn't be a problem. But I'd ditch the double date idea.

0|0
    0|0
  • Make an excuse and say no. It has drama written all over it

0|0
    0|0
  • An ex is an ex for a reason. I wouldn't want my ex involved in my life at all. Mostly because he's a bad influence on the people around me. My boyfriend has met him once before and he said that if he was to ever see that boy again, he'd beat the sh*t out of him for what he did to me. I've not once met his ex, but she apparently doesn't really care for me. Which doesn't bother me. We have an agreement that our exes are past and if they magically appear, we'll act friendly towards them. I mean not everyone can do that but it's mainly up to the people in the relationship. I mean your ex could tell your girlfriend all the details of your relationship to your girlfriend and ruin the current relationship(if it was bad). There are those few people that don't do that though. Mainly jealousy is the reason why that happens.

0|0
    0|0
  • bad idea.

and sounds kind of...demented...haha

0|0
    0|0
  • NO

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Never. Ever. Just no.

0|0
    0|0
  • don;t meet...its a terrible idea

0|0
    0|0
  • well how do you feel about it? You should have the final say.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• Yeah set it up, just make sure to invite you mom and ask them what they would change about you. I'm sure you'll have a lovely time but personally I'd rather get punched in the groin.

0|0
    0|0
  • My first instinct is bad idea.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes