My boyfriend's mom doesn't want us back together, should I just wait?

Me and my boyfriend broke up for about a month, we recently have gotten back together but his mom doesn't want us back together, so I told him to tell her we're just friends. He tried to come see me today but his mother said no, should I just wait a little longer to see if she'll ever be okay with us being together? During our month apart he did some stupid sh*t and so did I. He went ahead and told his mom about my actions and I guess that's the main reason she doesn't want us back together. Should I wait or call this whole relationship off?
Updates:
Update for everyone! He broke it off with me because we'll both be joining the army soon and leaving, he says he foesnt want to get serious and doesn't want to lead me on, I agreed so we are just going to be friends, guess I won't have to worry about mommy after all! Haha
Another update guys! Since we decided to remain friends, I would text him asking about advice about the whole army thing, well he completely ignored me whenever I would try to talk to him, so I decided we shouldn't be friends, I texted him that and he never even replied. I think I should focus on what I need to in order to join the army. Can anyone tell me why he decided to start ignoring me? Was he starting to get attached to me again or what? Any input would be great thanks!

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I was going to post that you might want to go in to BASIC relationship free. You are going to have more stress on you then anything else soon enough. If it was meant to be, you will meet up again. I hope your boyfriend is a natural shot and highly intelligent in maths, ballistics and other 'sciences' as Sniper is not a job that you apply for, you have to be selected and they start as early as basic and some even sooner.

While in Basic, know that "gay" or same gender relationships as well as messing with the male recruits is not going to help you and if anything will give you the wrong name.

A lot of military personnel are pretty free with sex, pregnancy and STDs. All can get you booted out, hurt or disgraced - or all of them at once. Also in the 'towns' that are around you, the people are all looking to get with military because they THINK that the pay and benefits are so good or so much better. Not really.

Please sit down with a fresh member and talk to them. There are recruiters around that can set up a get together for you. Please talk to them if you do not believe me.

Sex is fine and fun - but please use a little common sense and control and birth control. Also sexual assaults happen - try to learn how to protect yourself.

Best of Luck to you!

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 13

• If you cheated on him or sucked some other dude off, then of course his mommy won't like that. But of course, if her son does something stupid, he's in the right. Think about it. She'll always take his side. Never yours. Stop trying to win over his mother and just keep it to what it is: dating.

0|0
    0|0
  • Give the guy a break it's tough leaving people behind and joining the army, you don't know if you're ever going to see some people again. Sometimes it's easier if you just stop communicating with some people, I don't think he means to do it out of hate or because he doesn't like you...

0|1
    0|0
  • I think he is past the point where he needs his mom's approval. It would be nice if she wasn't so judgmental and was willing to give you a chance, but it's his decision. Seems like you made a mature and mutual decision without her input anyway.

0|0
    0|0
  • i wouldn't want my kids dating anybody until they were out of my house have their own jobs, supporting themselves. all it comes down to is me not wanted to have to raise early grand children. id be really disapointed in my children and in myself if my kids got pregnant or got others pregnant. probably disown them

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't call off the relationship just because of his mom. If you like him then F her and just focus of him and you wil be alright.

1|1
    0|0
  • She needs to learn her f***ing place. That's between you and him. she needs to get out of your life. but what do I know. Just do what you know is right.

0|0
    0|0
    • Learn her F-ing place? I think that would be you. She is a parent of a child that not only still lives in her house, through her blood, sweat, tears and finances. A child that legally is still a minor. She is the child of a parent that not only loves her but cares about her. SHE is a parent that is trying to do her best for her and her child. She cares enough to get upset/mad. I wish my parents were like that, to bad they are not around. Grow up. Learn RESPECT, you might get some.

• Show All
    • I hope that you remember these words (below and above) when you have kids. If you raise them like you have been then I pity the people that have to deal with it, them and you.

• im not saying just let your kids go wild, punish them when needed. But you can't make they're every decision. They have to learn for themselves.

• I think his mom is just being protective which is good. Have him talk to her and say everything is getting worked out but I appreciate you being concerned.

0|0
    0|0
  • You really should call your relationship off. There's no point in continuing it.

0|0
    0|0
  • He is probably busy with being in the Army I have never been in the armed forces before but I have a feeling it can be probably like being a celebrity in a bad way because your busy all the time. That is how I would compare it to being a celebrity. It is hard enough when your somewhere else plus he is protecting the United States there is nothing more annoying than a clingy girlfriend that needs you every second of your life. Just calm down or give him a break. He is doing something important for the nation so texting or writing snail mail would probably be better seeing as he probably wouldn't be using his computer much if he is in the Army.

0|0
    0|0
    • Are you retarded or something? Lol clingy girlfriend? I guess you haven't seen any recent questions of mine because I'M the one the that joined the Army. I'M the one serving my country, he was permanently disqualified and we're not even dating anymore just friends. LOL he wishes he could join the armed forces! While you think I'm a "clingy girlfriend" I'm the one actually protecting this country.

• What the f*** I am not childish immature and I do not lack skills of communication you bastard what the Hell. I was sharing my point of view I gave you an answer and I'm sorry if you don't like it but don't bash me your the one that asked the bloody question

• First of all it is not this guys mom's decision. It is your decision remember how people say follow your heart? Well that's what you should be doing because if you really care about this guy and his feelings and how he treats you then you have nothing to hide and he has nothing to hide. Sometimes other people do not always agree with our choices but I think this guys mom is kind of being too overprotective she needs to back off. and if she can't then you should talk to your boyfriend and let him know it makes you feel uncomfortable that his mom is always not accepting your relationship with him. Maybe she made some mistake in her life as a teenager and she doesn't want you or her son to do the same thing. My suggestion is follow your heart. Do what you think feels good.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on how much you like this guy. If you think about how you would feel if you left him and just dropped it right now, would you be content with your decision? Or, would you regret it and think "What if?"

If you decide you just can't leave him without one last try, then I suggest you should definitely build up enough courage to talk to her face to face and explain yourself to her. I know from experience that parents HIGHLY respect people who are willing to face their mistakes head on. His mother will either like you for doing it or she will give you an explanation as to why she still feels like he shouldn't date you. In my opinion either one of those answers would be golden. You either get him back or you get closure within the relationship.

Sneaking around accomplishes nothing.

0|0
    0|0
  • He did not answer because he is childish, immature, and lacks skills of communication.

1|0
    0|0
    • THANK YOU! I've been thinking the same thing! My grandfather is dying and my father is in pain watching him suffer. I really need him at this point but I'll have to learn to deal with things by myself and without his company

• Show All
    • Combat photographer, and I don't really care if he comes back or not, I'm graduating high school in 2 months, and he doesn't graduate until December, I'm just wondering if he's going to try to come back this time, like he did every single time before.

• It does not matter if he comes back or not. It is weather you acceept him back or not that matters. Live and learn. Take it from an old man.

• lol, and I thought I was immature

0|0
    0|0
    • He doesn't like you

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes