My boyfriend is nervous about me going to a dorm?

I am transferring to a new school in the fall and he is going to the school with me. He went to the school at the beginning of his college career but ended up taking time off. He won't be living in the dorms, his dad lives nearby so he is going ot stay there to save money. He admitted the he is worried that I will find someone to "replace" him because this is what happened with him and his ex when he went to this school last time. I am truly in love with him and wouldn't trade him for anyone in the world.

How do I make him feel better and more sure of himself in our relationship? I know he loves me and we have been together for a year now. I don't want him to worry about me living in a dorm.

How do I reassure him that he has no threats and never will?

Guys what would you want to hear to make you feel better when you feel like that?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• If he is the jealous/insecure type it won't really matter where you live, as long as he's not there to follow your every move and keep tabs on you. Let him know he's in your thoughts, send him texts and let him know how you're doing. It's his issue, all you can do is be faithful and communicative and if he still is anxious about it there's not much to be done about it.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• There isn't much you can do: The one bitten by a snake is afraid of a frog. I'm the jealous type myself, so I know, that in need to protect myself, I will be preparing for all sorts of horrible outcomes, and thus poison my mind. It is truly a horrible disease, but as long it is out of love and not out of control, it is okey...

HINT: don't report to him: if you tell things in great detail, it will look more suspicious and vile...

--also, don't be shocked if he turns up to be right :D

0|0
    0|0
  • Always reassure him, and tell him how much he's dear to you.

Once you're at the dorm, try to spend more time with him. Hang out a lot with him.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell him what you just said or maybe you can get a small apt together.

0|0
    0|0
    • We've talked about it but he wasn't sure he wasn't sure he wanted to spend all that money when he can still live at home for free. He's lived in dorms before and apartments. I could have stayed with him and his dad and I might after the first semester, but I want the full college experience at least for one semester, just to see.

• actually you can't reassure him, no matter what you say. when you'll get there and see how things go you'll realize why he's worried. trust me I'm a guy and I'm a bit shocked at what I've seen or heard. especially regarding girl behavior . really shaken my beliefs.

tell him you'll stay with him at his dad's if he has enough space.

0|0
    0|0
  • Is he upset that you're only 9-14-3 with 21 points? Might have something to do with it!?

0|0
    0|0
    • He's a leafs fan. lol

• Show All
    • I respect people who don't hop on bandwagons. We understand each others' pain. lol.

• Darcy Regier needs to lose his job.

• He has to get over it himself. Though, he has a point and it is a reason to worry. However, he shouldn't have let you become aware of it.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Invite him over. But, in reality you will always be surrounded by guys so he will have to work on that insecurity.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes