Kinda confused about how the breakup went down

Girlfriend broke up with me after small little fights. It seemed like she made up a bunch of excuses as to why we weren't working out but a big problem is she is depressed. So much so that she would break down constantly. It was about her late mother. She said she couldn't be in a healthy relationship right now.

Anyway, after breaking up with me, she started to hold onto me and kept holding tighter and tighter. She then kissed me and we made out a bit. She got up to leave and it happened again. I haven't really spoken to her much since (about 2 months ago) but I still miss her a lot. She wanted to be friends but I explained how it was way too difficult for me to because I wanted to be with her so much.

Can anyone shed some light on what is going on? I still feel lost to this day.
Keep in mind all this stuff happened 2 months ago, not recently.

Also, I tried getting back together with her but she said she didn't want to a week after.

01