Should people who cheat on their spouses go to jail?

I know some couples don't have a problem bringing in another person. I am not talking about that. This question is more about would YOU be willing to go to jail for cheating, and sign a legal contract saying that your partner could send you to jail, if if was proved you cheated.

It seems like if people were serious about wanting a monogamous relationship, that they would have no problem with going to jail for cheating on their wives/husbands. The law would be fair, since it applies to both people.

I would think anyone that would be against that, is already planning on cheating.

• Yes, Either my partner or myself should go to jail if one of us were to cheat..
  • No. cheating on your spouse should not send someone to jail.
  • Other. I will submit my opinion.
    Vote C
Marriage is a legal contract. You break a legal contract, then you should be punished under the law is someway. Maybe not jail, but punished under the law in some way. Honestly I think this poll and the answers given are a good representation for the percentage of people that actually cheat.

815

Most Helpful Girl

• actually from where I'm from anyone guilty of adultery and concubinage will be sent to jail. I'm fine with it :)

• I knew divorce was illegal in the Philippines, but I didn't know adultery was. I just figured since they couldn't get divorced everyone just cheated on each other after the relationship went bad. I guess this way it forces people to try and work out there differences. Instead of just "pretending" that you are married to someone else. I learned something new today. Thanks for the response. :)

• @TheGodEmperorLeto yes it is considered a crime in my country. :)

@7gnat where did you get such idea that it's not enforced unless political? and what part on my answer sucks? the part when I said that anyone guilty will be imprisoned or the part when I said I'm fine with it? because obviously I haven't said much about my answer.

• @update: I agree that there should be some sort of punishment, from criminal case make it to civil case at least.