How to make an ex regret his decision?

My ex was a complete jerk. He chased me super hard at first. Then after 8 months of dating, when we had our first minor relationship issue (i.e: he got a little busy at work and couldn't find too much time for me), he tossed me aside. I never knew what to make of this. How does someone that chased your for months and noticed every little thing about you just toss you aside? Any ideas? He is totally single now, so its not like he is sleeping with another girl or anything.

I had to see him at school everyday for the past 6 months since the break up. It hasn't been easy. We have 2 months now where we are working on project by ourselves, so we won't be seeing each other for a few months. I never want him back. But I want to make him regret his decision..esp when we see each other after the two months are over. I was wondering, even if you broke up with girl...what about them would make you regret your decision? If she looked really good? If she seemed happy? Or is it, for guys, once you've had a girl, you never want her back, no matter how good she looks?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• K listen child. (yes your a child) First off, you shouldn't wish someone to regret doing what they did. Actually you should see it as a blessing that it happened now, and now when your married with kids. Another thing, you shouldn't care. That's the best way to get back at anyone. To not care.

1|1
    1|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• Nothing. There's nothing you can do to make him fee 'bad' about his decisions. Live your life and be successful. Stop carrying around his baggage.

2|1
    0|0
  • You're simply wasting your time if you just go and make him regret his decision.

It will just push him away, and your chances of being with him again will cease completely.

1|0
    0|0
  • How about you mature and just live your life as the successful woman you are. Don't let an a**hole guy ruin you otherwise.

0|1
    0|0
  • The best revenge is to live well..work hard on getting into top shape, and do new things, go new places, find new interests, clubs, travel--so that you have a lot to tell him about your new experiences when you see him again.

Of course, dressing up a lot would make him a little jealous, especially if you're dating someone, or, letting on that you've moved on.

But just being a more experienced and multifaceted person when you see him again..that's the best thing you can do to cause him regrets.

0|0
    0|0
  • Basically your pride was hurt because he dumped you and not the other way around. This is what happens from time to time with dating. It's a risk you take when in a relationship. I think that he was into you at first, and then got bored. You complaining about not being the center of his attention may have influenced his decision too. I don't know what you look like, I'll your word that you are good looking. But looks aren't everything. Afterall, there are a bunch of pretty girls in the world. Once the attraction isn't new, then what else keeps you together? Guys have been known to get bored, even with pretty girls. I know I have. You have to really make an impression with you personality as well. Otherwise you end up being just a pretty girl who can be easily replaced with another pretty girl.

0|0
    0|0
    • You are very correct about my pride being hurt. I always considered myself the better one in the relationship. I can't believe he would give me up. I'm maybe slightly above average looking...but I know for sure I am not boring. I am in grad school for neuroscience, and trust me, I have a lot of opinions and knowledge on a lot of things. I think he was just not in a place in his life where he felt like being responsible to another person. It stressed him out. That's what he said his reason was.

• Show All
    • No! I never treated him like I was better. I really loved him. If I even made him a little mad, I always went out of my way to make up for it. He didn't put as much effort into it towards the end. I miss him. But I guess its for the best. How come you've ended every relationship you've ever had? All those girls can't be that bad? My ex broke up because he's 23, and just felt too young to settle down in a committed relationship. Ever felt that way?

• This happens. I can relate. Don't take it personally.

• "what about them would make you regret your decision"

Nothing. Not even her winning the lottery. When a girl is dumped, I feel nothing but relief, and I never regret it.

"is it, for guys, once you've had a girl, you never want her back, no matter how good she looks?"

Pretty much this, yeah.

just so you know though...

"How does someone that chased your for months and noticed every little thing about you just toss you aside? Any ideas?"

Well, when it comes down to it, a girl will either accept that you've got a life and a career, or she won't. If she won't, she gets dumped. Because ultimately, being a career oriented guy will help you get girls. Being a p****whipped unemployed guy will only get you dumped by the girlfriend that wanted you to prioritise her over your career.

0|1
    0|0
    • I completely agree with you. He is not the only one with a career. I am finishing up grad school in neuroscience this year. So I understand careers. And there is something called talking to your significant other if they are having trouble understanding your career and life. Not just dumping them because they got mad once or twice about being ignored. I understand your point though, and will keep it in mind for the future. Thanks! :)

What Girls Said 4

• Go on with your life! What if he regrets the decision? Would you go back to such a jerk?! He doesn't deserve u!

1|0
    0|1
    • Your siding with her because she's a girl. You don't the whole story, he's not a jerk because he doesn't want to be in a relationship with one girl.

• Yeah, he is a jerk since he changed his mind based on one argument. And he just forget about everything that happened before.

• I think he was a jerk to get someone's feelings involved for so many months, and then just break up as soon as some relationship work was involved. Relationships are work! He said he didn't know that because he'd never been in a serious one before. That is no excuse for gettting someone's genuine feelings involved, and then leaving them without a solid reason. It's messed up, and no one should do this to anyone. Thanks DMARK for your comment! I am wasting my time thinking about how to get back at him

• The best way to make a guy regret is just completely forget about him fast and honestly. Then just really work on your happiness living your life and up your career. So then is like you boosted forward in life and in your happiness after he broke up with you. (; hah sucker =D

0|0
    0|0
  • Let happiness reign in your heart and don't let the poison of revenge take its place.

0|0
    0|0
  • your happiness is the best revenge.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes