What is going on with my husband?

After 1yr of dating, 4 years of marriage and a 2yr old boy my husband comes in one night and says he's not happy, hasn't been for awhile and left. He's been gone for 8days now and has made his mind up to "get a divorce" because he no longer is in love with me. He's never been this way At ALL and has been such a jerk-saying mean things and being cold. I found out he's been texting/calling an ex (beginning 2days before he decided to leave) is this a phase or serious? How should I react to it? Around him?

311

Most Helpful Guy

• It seems the fact of the matter is he met someone else he wants to spend time with other than you. It hurts like a MF, but prepare yourself. But all your jewelery in a safe deposit box, get all the cash out of the bank and put in there as well, but put the account under parents name so he can't touch it during the divorce. Cancel all credit cards or transfer them to your name only. Now the house. I'm sure there is a way big mortgage on it. So he said keep it, great, transfer title to your name and then sell it so he won't get that as well. Transfer cars and any assets to your parents as well.

Its time to get tough and prepare. Don't wait around for him to come back. Now depends on the state, but 13% for child support and maintenance for you.

Remember, you did not cause this he did. And do not date until divorce is final. He moved out, great its in your favor. Its called abandonment. He left.

Get a restraining order for you and your son while your at it, so he will not come back in the night and surprise you. Once you get this , change the locks.

BUT GET A LAWYER AS FAST AS YOU CAN...

Good Luck, and be strong... Do not believe in promises he will make.

• thanks for your thoughts. I already have a lawyer so no worries there. He said he wanted a divorce, now he's saying we can do legal sep so I can stay on his health insurance a little longer, but what's the point, right?! I just don't understand any of this, it's like he's changed into another person over night!

• That's b.s. first, he didn't abandon the child. All we know is his wife's side of the story. There is nothing wrong with fallin gout of love, so don't treat the guy like criminal. Stealing assets will make him hate her and hurt the co-parenting relationship. You're telling this woman to commit fraud. And the courts already are biased toward the mother anyway.

• Umm. He cheated. He stated he wanted a divorce. He left. Legally, that's abondonment in the eyes of the law. Case closed! And it's not fraud, she has the legal right to all assets right now which is not fraud. . If your going to comment, get your facts straight! And personally it's not bias, usually mothers are the best care givers, that's another fact you may want to check. I am very un sympathetic to individual that just leave, sorry, but I have morals.