Why is it that mostly girls who already have boyfriends seem to be the only ones interested in me (Pic inclded

First off, all through out high school I never really pursued a girl because I liked being independent and now I'm more mature and tend to be a serious person so I always have straight face unless I'm laughing or something. Now that I'm a senior I have an urge to get a girlfriend but I've only been after girls who seem interested in me. I don't try to make them like me they just turn out like that. For example I was texting this girl for a while now and then, she would always be the one to text me and flirt, later I figure out she has a boyfriend. Another girl would call my name in class just to say hi or try to converse and would look at me a lot, but she has a boyfriend. I recently started talking to another girl and she mentioned Prom so I said we should go together and she was happy and said yeah and wanted me to come visit at her house sometime, then I find out she just got back with her ex a few days later. I was only asked out once by a freshman girl by note who I had never talked to but I let down gently.

Anyways, could I be the problem? Could it be my looks or personality?

Here's a pic of me:

link

01