This question is for the Guys! Girls can add too :)

So what exactly does a guy feel after he dumps a girl?

I am trying to figure out.. why do guys feel comforted in knowing that the girl they dumped is around and why do they stalk her after dumping her? And say if she disappears of the face of the earth, why do guys feel this urge to know where she is or what she is doing? Why do guys go back and Message/ call their ex's after dumping her?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Generally if I end an relationship, it's not something I would consider to be a happy moment. A lot of times I feel sad, perhaps at the fact that it didn't work out. There's a bit of self evaluation, as well as evaluation of the partner that I ended the relationship with as well as with the relationship as a whole. Not necessarily to point fingers and assign blame, but more so to figure what went wrong and why. If there were any warning signs, what made me overlook them and of course will I be able to recognize these warning signs in the future and apply them in effort as to not to repeat the same mistakes.

In regard to her disappearing off the face of earth, while it's evident there's some cases like that, but again you would have to look at the personality of the relationship. Was she emotionally abusive, selfish, self centered and self serving? Did she do things to deliberately hurt me? There's no doubt that there are some break ups that are just do to irreconcilable differences, in which case we often part as friends with well wishes that each is able to find who and what makes them happy.

There are some ex's I still hold as friends, but not to the point where I want to know their every move and I wouldn't go out my way to see them. Then there are the ex's from hell, that I wouldn't shed a tear for at all.

I really believe that the actions that led to the break up as well as how the break up occurred has a lot to do with determining resentment or good riddance. Everyone is as different as the circumstances involved so everyone will ultimately react in a different way.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• Emotionally weak, can't control them self's. Guy thinks he can get back with a dumper girl if he won't be able to find a replacement which likely gona go down to shet anyway. Basically, stupid, arrogant emotionally weak person. If a girl got dumped by those kind of scums, that's a blessing for you and second chance to find a better guy that fits you the best.

0|0
    0|0
  • a combination of relief, nostalgia and possibly grief. it passes quickly tho and I don't stalk people, ever.

0|1
    0|0
  • Don't know; don't know any guys like that.

0|0
    0|0
  • What do I feel? Relieved. The hard part is over, the dumping is done. It's the actual dumping which is the hard part.

"nd say if she disappears of the face of the earth, why do guys feel this urge to know where she is or what she is doing?"

I don't. Never have. Only a dog returns to its vomit.

0|0
    0|0
  • habbit I guess, and sometimes people want, what they cant/dont have. Or they missed her, realized they made a mistake.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• yeah this guy dumped me but a month later my brother seen him driving by my place. My house is 30 min out of his way. I contacted him and asked why he was in my neighborhood, he said it was someone else driving his vehicle. Lol my brother said he seen him driving it. Anyways... so he is lying. The converstation between me and my ex then goes on to the topic if I was moving. He asked me if I was still going to move... I said nah I changed my mind. Lol why does he even care.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes