My ex owes me money and is not paying, should I still be a good guy and help her?

Me and my ex lived together for a year and a half. We shared most things, but she could not hold a job. So, when her parents could not cover her rent I would. I did this this for a couple months before we broke up. there was a specific verbal agreement that she would pay me back ($1000), when she got the money. Then we broke up, and she is giving me the run around, finding all the little things she paid for (I slept in her bed, etc.). All of which were just those "mutual purchases" you make without keeping track, sometimes I bought dinner sometimes she did, sometimes I put gas in the truck, sometimes, she did. etc. Now, it is time to clean up the house we rented (dump run, etc.), in her name (the landlord has none of my info besides name and phone number). I have been trying to be responsible and do 50% of the moving and cleaning, but now she is claiming she doesn't owe me any money (when she said she would pay me back for the past three months). I want to just wash my hands of the whole thing and let her worry about all the moving stuff and the house. Maybe in spite, but more-so because I have self respect, i.e. Why am I doing her a favour, when I have nothing to lose by NOT helping her. my question: If the house isn't clean etc., the landlord will not come down on me, I have nothing to lose, I was helping clean it so the landlord does not come on her

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• unfortuently your not likely to get the $1000 dollars back unless she like wins the lottery sometime soon . I'd just write it off as a lose and get on with life and start dating someone new , forget about her she is obvivously bad news and a waste of money

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• Kiss the money goodbye and if the lease is in her name move your stuff out leave her the mess to clean up . Don't have any further contact with her .

0|1
    0|0
  • If there's only a verbal agreement there's probably not much you can do. Legally, I mean. My ex (we broke up ten years ago) owes me about $12000. We only had a verbal agreement as well. He still claims he'll pay it back, but it's now ten years later and I doubt he will. So I know how much this can get on your nuts.

If I were you, I'd tell the ex that if she doesn't give you your money back, you aren't going to do anything that has to do with the move. Then cut off all contact.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• First, a verbal contract is still a contract. You can probably sue her. But that's gonna take time and money and probably isn't worth it. Stiff her on the moving expenses. If it were me, I wish she would tell me that she's not going to pay me what she owes me...lol. I'd pawn her stuff and then still make her move on her own. You give some of these girls an inch, and they take a mile smh. You can't be nice. - Listen to "Big Pimpin'" - by Jay-Z and UGK.

0|0
    0|0
  • do NOTHING. Let her clean it herself. Let her record be trashed if she doesn't. F***her. Sorry to say but you won't see the $1000 ever. I'd actually consider trashing the appt myself, since my name isn't on it

0|1
    0|0
  • Get out of there. You're not gonna get the money back.

0|0
    0|0
  • Get out.

Get the fire brigade out.

Stay out.

0|0
    0|0
    • burn rubber as I back outa the driveway eh?

• Yep. 88 miles an hour, and all that sh*t.

Recommended myTakes