My ex owes me money and is not paying, should I still be a good guy and help her?

Me and my ex lived together for a year and a half. We shared most things, but she could not hold a job. So, when her parents could not cover her rent I would. I did this this for a couple months before we broke up. there was a specific verbal agreement that she would pay me back ($1000), when she got the money. Then we broke up, and she is giving me the run around, finding all the little things she paid for (I slept in her bed, etc.). All of which were just those "mutual purchases" you make without keeping track, sometimes I bought dinner sometimes she did, sometimes I put gas in the truck, sometimes, she did. etc. Now, it is time to clean up the house we rented (dump run, etc.), in her name (the landlord has none of my info besides name and phone number). I have been trying to be responsible and do 50% of the moving and cleaning, but now she is claiming she doesn't owe me any money (when she said she would pay me back for the past three months). I want to just wash my hands of the whole thing and let her worry about all the moving stuff and the house. Maybe in spite, but more-so because I have self respect, i.e. Why am I doing her a favour, when I have nothing to lose by NOT helping her. my question: If the house isn't clean etc., the landlord will not come down on me, I have nothing to lose, I was helping clean it so the landlord does not come on her

25

Most Helpful Guy

• unfortuently your not likely to get the $1000 dollars back unless she like wins the lottery sometime soon . I'd just write it off as a lose and get on with life and start dating someone new , forget about her she is obvivously bad news and a waste of money