At what point in the relationship do you start spending weekends

The title says it all. So when you're currently seeing someone and you have already started having sex, at what point do you typically start staying over night or spending weekends together. My friend made a comment asking me what am I going to do if we become boy- girlfriends and start spending the weekends together. Now we just spend the day together and go our separate ways. We have history together( long story) back from 2010 and just started back talking in Sept but we have been on and off. I'm thinking he wants to see our stable our relationship can go without the on/off again. I'm usually the one calling it off.

02