Why are girls afraid of being around their ex?

Both of my ex's did this. They basically fractured all of our friends over our breakup. I know this isn't only me because I have seen it happen in other relationships as well.

I would never hurt my ex's and the guys that I have seen this happen to would never hurt their ex's either. I think that these girls know that so I'm assuming it isn't like a physical fear of being around them.

What thought process goes in to the "I can't be around him" attitude?

41

Most Helpful Girl

• Most of the time they're afraid the feelings will come back or sometimes if the girl ended it she doesn't want to give him any false hope