What do western people think of Asian women? Or more accuratley about asian/Caucasian couples?

First off, sorry for any grammar and spelling mistakes, I'm still working on my English.

I"m asking because I'm from south Korea and my fiance is British. he worked as doctor here for the past two years and I'm a nurse, that's how we met.

The past few weeks I've been to his home for the first time. While most people have been very friendly and welcoming,Some people seem to think we shouldn't be together.

In particular I met one of his friends and she told me that British men who go to Asian countries and get married to Asian women do it because they can't attract a woman at home and are looking someone to order around. And that's good looks is all he sees in me.

Is that what most people think? I know he is not like that, but he wants to move back to the UK and I don't think I can't deal with that if most people think of us in that way

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I never got that impression when it comes to Asian woman, or guys who end up with them... That out of the way, I know a girl who's brother just got married to a South Korean woman 2 weeks ago. Coincidentally he also lives in the UK, but is not originally from there. She said the food at the wedding was terrible. lol The kimchi and the dried fish in the egg omelet was disgusting. The eastern food might not be agreeable with the western people attending, so keep that in mind and accommodate them with something more familiar. =P

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• I have always loved Asian women. I think they are perhaps some of the most beautiful women in the world. Though I'm not Caucasian, so it's kind of difficult for me to give an opinion on Asian/Caucasian couples. Though at one of the hospitals I was employed at I was close friends with an Asian/Caucasian couple. She was White and he was Asian but they're a very good couple as well as good friends.. My wife also happens to be Asian.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have a Chinese girlfriend, unfortunately there are some people that have the same brain as a brainless donkey and say such stupid things. I find your boyfriend's friend affirmation deeply disrespectful and impolite.
    But fortunately not every people think as your boyfriend's friends: most of them doesn't even care about such things. Even my grandma that is one of the closest person I ever knew was ok with my girlfirend :)

0|0
    0|0
  • I just see it as two people dating each other.. I don't give a damn what part of the world people come from. If they are good people who love each other what should it matter?

1|1
    0|0
  • wow your English is really good! Some people think that white men who marry an Asian woman is just looking for a woman to boss around, but overall most people won't care at all

0|1
    0|0
  • My parents are an Asian/Caucasian couple. They got married in the early 80's in England I believe that my fathers (White British) side of the the family where not happy about this at the time but times have changed now and here in England it is pretty commonly accepted as the norm.

Obviously there are going to be some bigots out there that are opposed to this but then most of society looks down on scum bags like them.

There is stigma surrounding men who order mail order brides but it doesn't sound like that the case here. Your fiance' friend is clearly very narrow minded and I would like to think most British people will nice and very accepting of you both. Don't let the few fools put you off of coming here to be with your partner.

0|1
    0|0
  • Im a fan of asians

0|2
    0|0
  • i don't really have an opinion on that

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• White men who marry fob Asians are usually unattractive and have social issues. They find Asian women less intimidating, so they'll go over there to seek a wife. Normally they end up with the darker skinned, less attractive Asians, like a Filipino or Chinese woman.

Also, since Asian women are desperate for the acceptance by white men, they know they have a better shot of landing a woman over there when the white women in their countries won't worship them. They also like the idea that Asian women are somehow deaf, dumb and stupid(which they aren't), so it's the idea they like.

But that's the American perception because for the most part it's true. It's usually unattractive white guys who use Asian women as their second choice when they can't blond haired blue eyed suzie.

But y'all met while working, so what? You love him, he loves you--f*** the rest of the world

0|2
    3|6
  • People are idiots

0|1
    0|0
  • That's stupid. I'm an American woman and I think Asian women are pretty and seem to be soft spoken and polite. That is not to say that all Chinese, Korean, Japanese women are quiet and subservient. There are many who are "wild" and outspoken too. I have friends of all races and a lot of them do not date their same race. I'm of a strong Italian family and my husband is a "mutt" mixture of British and Polish. Your boyfriend's friend was very rude for saying such a horrible thing. If you love your boyfriend and he's kind to you, that's all you should worry about.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes