How to break up with my girlfriend, don't know how.

My girlfriend and I have been together for about one year and 3 months, I was her first time, she has old school parents, and her family things we are going to get married, at first I wanted to I was happy with her and we worked everything out, just now tbh I am not really happy anymore , and I think that I am not what she really wants like I have made her change, and change some of her views on a church wedding and things like that. Also I think I make her feel cautious around by watching what she says to not make me sad or upset, she shouldn't be with someone like that, she should be with someone who she doesn't do that and want the same things she wants. I just don't want to break her heart, but I know it will. Also I am her first love.,

Updates:
1yr 6 months

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• We almost never want to break someone's heart, but no matter how you do it, you will hurt her. Not wanting to hurt her isn't a reason to stay with her, neither are the wishes of her parents.

Now the way you break up with her can make her hate you or respect you. If you wanna be an ass and a chicken at the same time, you'll text her with a simple sentence: we're done, I'm not into it anymore.

Now I strongly recommend you do not do it like this. Though some people prefer it like this, because they can't take it that they're being dumped face to face.

What I do recommend is that you do it face to face. Yes, it hurts, she can feel ashamed that it happened face to face, but she'll respect your courage, even though she may tell you she hates you at the time. So you arrange a time to meet up, meet up separately, as in: do not pick her up or the drive home will be really awkward and you can't just leave her at the place you meet up. So make sure she has her own way of getting home.

Then you'll tell her that you have something to say to her, you don't feel it anymore (or whatever reason it is to break up with her) and tell her she deserves the respect of doing this face to face and not just over text. Don't go all "I hope we can be friends" because that sh*t doesn't work. It really is like keeping a dead pet in your home, you feel awkward and avoid it. If you do wanna toss the staying friends thing into it, do it while telling her that she can always decide to become friends again when she's ready.

After you had the talk, you can say that you hope she understands and you don't wanna waste her time.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 8

• Although its very hard to break up with her, I think it would be a lot more upsetting to her if you stayed with her and weren't happy because your unhappiness will eventually show and be reflected in the ways you guys communicate...

maybe you should pull yourself away slowly by becoming slightly distant just so it dosen't come to her unexpectedly which would be heart breaking...

answer mine please?

2|0
    0|0
    • Well I have been trying to distant myself for awhile, just would be very hard for me to break her heart. Also yea I can answer yours which one is it?

• Becoming distant is the worst thing ever. Don't do it. She needs to know how you feel about it and not imagine it. When you're distant she will just imagine all the worst things and become very insecure. You need to gather some courage and tell her the truth, don't expect her to imagine it.

• I'm in the same boat. I don't want to be with my boyfriend anymore either. But, he lives with me, so it's harder. He wants kids, he's not very driven. He wants dinner on the table when he gets home from work. He says he wishes I would stay home all day while he works. That's not the life I want. I was single until now. I'm 26. I'm pretty much set in my ways and he ruins it. If you figure out how to do it, will you let me know? Breaking up sucks in general

0|0
    0|0
    • Well I figured how to do it, ofc she was hurt, I told her that I was just depressed and I want her too be happy and I feel like I am going to cheat on her and I don't want to hurt her like that, ofc she kept trying, but I kept telling her no I can't, I cant. For you ill suggest to tell him I don't want to live like this at all, I want to be independent on my own, I don't want to be an women that just cooks and clean, if you would like a better explanation text me 713 4475946

• Tell her it isn't working for you and you're not happy. If she asks why, tell her what you told us here. If she tries to convince you to stay, BE FIRM. Good luck.

0|0
    0|0
    • Oh, and like other people said, definitely do it in person, or at least over the phone.

• I think you should slowly distance yourself from her and sit down to have have a chat with her see if you are on the same page.But keep in mind you will break her heart any way you tell her you are unhappy in your relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just tell her that she will always be special to you but it isn't fair to either of you to keep the relationship up.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

What Guys Said 1

• It seems like you're putting too much expectation to your boyfriend.

You should think things through again before breaking up with her. Breaking up with her can make you lose someone really important.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes