How to break up with my girlfriend, don't know how.

My girlfriend and I have been together for about one year and 3 months, I was her first time, she has old school parents, and her family things we are going to get married, at first I wanted to I was happy with her and we worked everything out, just now tbh I am not really happy anymore , and I think that I am not what she really wants like I have made her change, and change some of her views on a church wedding and things like that. Also I think I make her feel cautious around by watching what she says to not make me sad or upset, she shouldn't be with someone like that, she should be with someone who she doesn't do that and want the same things she wants. I just don't want to break her heart, but I know it will. Also I am her first love.,

1yr 6 months

91

Most Helpful Girl

• We almost never want to break someone's heart, but no matter how you do it, you will hurt her. Not wanting to hurt her isn't a reason to stay with her, neither are the wishes of her parents.

Now the way you break up with her can make her hate you or respect you. If you wanna be an ass and a chicken at the same time, you'll text her with a simple sentence: we're done, I'm not into it anymore.

Now I strongly recommend you do not do it like this. Though some people prefer it like this, because they can't take it that they're being dumped face to face.

What I do recommend is that you do it face to face. Yes, it hurts, she can feel ashamed that it happened face to face, but she'll respect your courage, even though she may tell you she hates you at the time. So you arrange a time to meet up, meet up separately, as in: do not pick her up or the drive home will be really awkward and you can't just leave her at the place you meet up. So make sure she has her own way of getting home.

Then you'll tell her that you have something to say to her, you don't feel it anymore (or whatever reason it is to break up with her) and tell her she deserves the respect of doing this face to face and not just over text. Don't go all "I hope we can be friends" because that sh*t doesn't work. It really is like keeping a dead pet in your home, you feel awkward and avoid it. If you do wanna toss the staying friends thing into it, do it while telling her that she can always decide to become friends again when she's ready.

After you had the talk, you can say that you hope she understands and you don't wanna waste her time.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE