People who are not living with parents/moving out for first time, advice?

My boyfriend and I are currently living with my parents. They want him gone and we have till July 1st to move out. I will soon be 19 by that point and he will be 20. I'm really scared cause I have never done this before.

We're both going to be attending college/university this September so we were thinking on using our student loans to pay for rent as the area we will be moving to won't have a lot of jobs available.

I'm going for practical nursing which is 2 years, then I will bridge to registered nursing. So in 2 years I will be making a lot more money than I am now.

Please give us advice about moving out for the first time!?

21

Most Helpful Girl

• Congrats on college - seriously. It's tough. The biggest thing about living without your parents - don't live above your means. You don't NEED cable. You do need internet for jobs/research/etc... Flylady.net can help you create a cleaning schedule. You don't want to be overwhelmed by clutter in your first place. Healthy meals, too. Don't live off of junk food -you'll feel like junk. Pick one day to prep meals and snacks, pick one day to just have fun and relax with friends or your sweetie. Good luck!