Could he be cheating on me? or am I just overly paranoid?

Today is my boyfriends 19th birthday, I'm only 17 so he told me he wouldn't go to the bar seeing as I couldn't be there. He then decided to go out, I didn't mind, until I found out the girl that is interested in him, is there. I'm mad! He posted a status, just a little while ago, saying he was at a hotel, and let's get "effed" up. Who goes to a hotel to drink? He also hasn't answered any of my texts at all. My gut is telling me he's cheating.. Am I just crazy ? Do you think he's cheating? HELP ME..please.

34

Most Helpful Guy

• Evaluating what you have stated. He went drinking somewhere where a girl that is interested in him was present. Perhaps it was coincidence, but maybe he knew ahead of time she would be there, Generally on the rare occasions when I am out with friends, if my woman texts or calls me, I answer, because I am just out with friends. If he isn't entertaining your calls or responding to your texts, then it is highly probable he is cheating. Just hanging with the fellas generally doesn't rate high enough for a guy to ignore texts from his woman.

It is your right to be suspicious, especially if not answering his texts is out of character for him. As far as the type of response you will get from him remains to be seen.

if he is, it is also a strong probability that if you confront him with just a speculation that he will lie to you and come up with some flimsy excuse, such as, I forgot my cell phone and left it at home or in the car or someone else car.

If there is some way you can confirm that he is indeed cheating, then you will have better leverage when you confront him. If not, then chances are you may suspect it, and your suspicions may be right, but you may never really know what really happened.

From that point, either way, you will have some decisions to make. Will you forgive him, even though he appears highly suspicious of being unfaithful or will you consider ending the relationship.

Chances are if he has historically cheated in the past, then more than likely this incident will fall as another episode of infidelity. You will have to ask yourself is the relationship really worth all the heartache and pain? If you somehow justify his behavior then I'm guessing it is, but if you are tired of being hurt by his suspicious behavior, it will most likely be best that you consider ending this relationship. Of course it will hurt, but it's a lot better to hurt really bad once and heal from it, than to keep getting hurt time and time again. Not to mention your comfort in the relationship will be gone because of trust issues. You have to value yourself and your feelings and know that you deserve and can do better than what you're presently getting.