If you want to end a relationship...

...do you simply break it off, or do you act in a way that makes the person want t break up with you?
  • I dump them
    Vote A
  • I get them to dump me
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• If you choose to try and 'make them want to break up with you', you will only confuse and hurt the other person, who you have at least cared about in the past or you wouldn't be dating them. Is that what you want to do? Be a man and just tell her it's not what you want anymore.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 11

• Don't be the lame person by acting so stupid and mean and childish that the other person will break it off. Get a pair and break up with them.

1|1
    0|0
  • I break it off. It makes me look like the "bad guy," but it's better to do it yourself than to be a sneak.

Doing the sneaky route means acting horribly (hurting your partner) to get them to break up with you, which makes it prolonged and not even a guarantee. It's just dumb and cowardly to choose that route.

0|0
    0|0
  • I bite the bullet and break up with them. Why drag it out and make both of us suffer while I act like a jerk? It makes no sense. For all I know someone is waiting for them and if I drag it out I could ruin a new potential relationship by being passive/aggressive instead of just coming out and doing it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm an adult, if I want a relationship to end I end it, playing games like doing things that will make them hate you is just immature; if you are doing this you're probably not ready to be in a relationship of any kind.

0|0
    0|0
  • I break it off. But sometimes I wish I had made my last boyfriend want to break up with me because it's been a year and he's still angry with me for breaking up with him.

0|0
    0|0
  • I believe in honesty. I tell the person how I feel, rather than make us both suffer.

0|0
    0|0
  • I dump them. I don't wanna be the one who gets dumped!

0|0
    0|0
  • I would tell them and break up

0|0
    0|0
  • I would just do it myself. I don't play games.

0|0
    0|0
  • I do it myself.

0|0
    0|0
  • Pretty sure the last guy I dated tried to get me to break up with him... took me a very long time to realize that's what he was doing. Like, a month.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 7

• Just do it yourself, you will respect yourself more for not playing games. She may hate you but that is better than being known as weak and gutless, hell one of my ex's broke up our engagement over the ph, I was hurt but at least she did not drag it on and make it worse.

1|0
    0|0
  • i don't know I haven't really had to do this recently . it likely be easier to just break it off if you both realized it wasn't working

0|0
    0|0
  • be honest that your not happy anymore and end it right, rather than beating around the bush.

1|0
    0|0
  • Just end it already. Getting them to break up with you usually takes longer.

0|0
    0|0
  • Eat the shark b4 the shark eats you !

0|0
    0|0
  • I called the cops. I think she got the message

0|0
    0|0
  • Get them to break up with you because then it makes them the bad person and not you. Its less effort too. I mean if your going to break up with them anyhow , who cares? They end up being an ex either way and you never talk to them again anyhow. Its not a game, just a different way of breaking up with someone.

0|0
    1|0
    • Yeah, like being exes always means never talking to each other again...

• That's why they're an ex. Exes are exes for a reason.

Recommended myTakes