My BF/ex and his hobbies, should I get back to him?

I recently broke up with my boyfriend. We had been together for more than 2yrs. In the past, I was able to tolerate all of his obsessions, may it be origami or xbox. I understand that I can't always have him all to myself but we had never been together alone for the past 4 months already. He mostly spends his time on Legos; especially during the weekends when he has all the time to do research on Lego models and where he could purchase it. I really feel that his obsession has gotten the best of us, so I decided to just end the relationship. I really love him and I'm beginning to doubt my decision. Recently, I found out that he is still hooked on Legos and spends lots of money on his purchases. I could still remember that he couldn't take me on dates due to his finances. I want him back but I feel that it won't take long for me to think about breaking up with him again. Please help.
Thanks for the advice guys. I still haven't heard anything from him and I'm beginning to care less every day. I just have to ask him to take off my photo as his profile picture, then let's see If I would still get hurt if he does that (haha!). It really must be the good days I had with him that drives me to want him back. And maybe because partly it's nice to know that you have someone special in your life, even if that someone takes you for granted. I'll keep all your advice in mind. :)

29

Most Helpful Guy

• Everyone has there hobby but a grown man having such an obsession with legos sounds a bit odd to me. I've never heard of that before.

I'm feel that everyone needs to their time to participate in their hobby, whether that's playing guitar, playing xbox, working on cars, etc. But you do seem to understand this since you mentioned you realized you can't have him to yourself every second of every day.

However, when a hobby really starts to take away too much time from a relationship, that's when it becomes an issue.

I used to be really into world of warcraft (yeah I know nerdy as hell). No I'm not some 500lb nerd, I just enjoyed the game and was good at it. I got pretty serious and was on a competitive guild (team). As a result, like the thousands of other competitive guilds, we had to schedule a couple days a week to play for 3 hours at a time. I held a steady Girlfriend during all of this. She knew this was my hobby and she knew when it occurred and that's when she did her personal stuff like hung out with her girl friends. However, when it was over, I made sure that I put the game down and spent time with her. Weekends were always free and that was our main time to spend together.

It's really all about just being mature and managing your time between multiple endeavors just as you would with work and family. Gotta know when to cut yourself off and say its time to do this other thing, even if that other thing isn't really a thing but more a person whom you need to spend time with.

• in order to correct it.

• Basically what I'm trying to tell is you is not to make the same mistake that the majority of people do. Don't be with someone solely for the sake of curbing those feelings of loneliness. Be with someone because you truly feel they are a good match. Choose loneliness, over dysfunction.