She is not ready and I don't want to hurt her, what should I do?

I'm seeing this girl. She is all that I want, sweet, feminine, caring, loving, smart, attractive and most importantly she loves me unconditionally. However, my past relationship failed because I was not physically attracted to my ex girlfriend, I am very scared of getting hurt again so I confessed to the current girl and luckily she understood and agreed to do "it" with me although she is still a virgin and wanted to refrain from it until marriage. To be honest, it took me a couple of months to convince her. But now that she told me she wants it, I don't want to hurt her feelings because I know she is not really ready even though she kept telling me she is. So now I am facing a dilemma. I am very sure of myself that I can't go through another such a failed relationship again because I know about myself "it" is something as important as emotions and I would never want to cheat on my partner if we are not physically compatible so I am very cautious. I have wondered whether or not should I try it with the current girl or just give up. I don't want to lose her, but I don't want to see her getting hurt either if I find out later we are not compatible. Any thoughts?
Thank you guys for contributing more than I expected. I'm sorry I didn't make it clear. I didn't have enough credits o use the exact words I wanted in sex category. So let me make it more clear.

*I wasn't sexually attracted to my ex, we were not sexually compatible.

*I explained to the current girl what she needed to know and told her it's her choice and I would understand if she decides to leave me.

*She told me a number of times she is ready. It's me telling her she is not
and told her I wanted both of us to wait until she is completely ready.

*I felt she isn't ready because I think she doesn't understand much about sex so I told her we should wait and I wanted to give her time to understand more about this aspect of a relationship.

*To you guys who think I should compromise and let me fall for her without having sex. I am sorry I really can't do that. I would rather lose her. Sorry it sounds crappy and selfish.
but I would rather leave her because if I find out later we are not physically and sexually compatible, both of us would get hurt. Yes it takes a lot of work to build a loving and healthy relationship and I personally think and actually experienced that myself that I can't have it with someone I am not sexually attracted to. Face it ladies, don't tell a guy with extremely high libido to have a healthy sexless relationship. It's something I can't control sorry.

153

Most Helpful Girl

• Let her stick with her original plans. You said this took convincing for her? That's not a good sign. What if you take her virginity and you end up breaking up? You'll really hurt this girl.

She may be saying she wants it to happen, but she doesn't even realize the kind of emotional stress it could put on her. And I think you're considering that consequence as well.

My opinion, you can be physically attracted to someone without sleeping with them. I am saving my virginity because I have seen so many of my friends have emotional issues after they have sex. So, try to make this relationship work without sex. Tell her you changed your mind and want to do what she wanted to originally. Try to make it work that way. Don't sleep with her because you convinced her to. That's manipulation for all the wrong reasons. You don't want to look back and think you hurt this girl for one physical part of a relationship.

Try building on what you already have. Make your relationship stronger as it is. Don't put any physical pressures on her.

• This makes me want to cry. In happiness :) I'm so glad there are other girls that feel the same as me and that I'm not alone. Sometimes its rad to stand up when everyone's trying to push you down.

• Thank you! I'm so glad there are other girls like me out there :) it's a relief we haven't all gone with the standards of society!