I'm about to dump him. Need a last outlook on our situation

Following this post, I'm about to leave my 1+ year boyfriend. link

To make a story short, last night I was really tired. I wished to go to bed early but didn't because my boyfriend asked me to stay up and wait for him to come to my place to have sex. He ended up getting sh*tfaced and not showing up. My company was traded for beer on a night where my boyfriend had just told me he really wanted to spend some alone time with me. He had texted me to say he'd leave the party in 2 minutes, and didn't do so until hours later. Meanwhile, so to leave my boyfriend and I some privacy once he arrived, I was keeping my brother (flatmate) away - for nothing!

Am I overreacting? What would you do in my situation? So far, I replied to his morning emails to basically sum up my perception of last night and why I'm pissed at him about it. I hinted that I might break up, and I confirmed to him that I didn't want to talk to him.

36

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it comes down to what you value and tolerate. I dated a few party girls in college, all turned out to be horrible and as a result, I'm very sensitive to issues deriving from partying/drinking and have a minimal tolerance for such issues. As an example, you're dealing with a guy who likes to drink a lot and as a result hasn't been the best partner to you; meaning you value such things as being on time/punctual, being honest, and being a priority in a relationship. All really good things to value, and rightfully so. His actions however do not coincide with these things and as a result you feel lied to and thrown in the backseat because of something else he likes to do. I know I would be bothered, but it also depends on how often this has happened in the past year. If he has a habit of doing this to you and it centers around drinking/partying, then you should definitely find another guy. At any rate, have a good, long conversation with this guy and tell him how his actions have made you feel and go from there.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Agreed. If this is a one-time thing, it would suck, but I would see forgiving him, maybe. But if it's a routine thing? Noooo.

• Thanks for the BA, hope things worked out :)

• Yeah I'm still with him. We're making things work :)