Broke up with girlfriend. Did I do the right thing?

So we been together for 5 years and have a few problems nothing we couldn't work out. But one thing was always on her mind. She is from Chicago I am from Boston. and we are living in Boston right now. And she always want to move back to Chicago in 5-10 years and live there closer to her family. This has come up before but we keep sweeping it under the rug. so when she brought it up today I settled the final answer and told her that I have no want to go there there's no drive for me to leave my family and 5-10 years you'd be at good job and have kids but I know she was counting the days down because she didn't like it here either . Did I do the right thing?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Selfish a-hole. She endured living in boston with you, can't even show the gratitude back?

Oh well, then I must ageee that you made the right choice. Do you realize you are making her choose between you vs. The family that raised her?

Good luck, dude. Just look for someone else okay? And make sure that before you hurt her bigtime, fix little problems right away.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• 5yrs is along time to just throw away, I think you should listen to what she is saying. Is there anyway you guys can find somewhere in between Boston and Chicago?

0|0
    0|0
  • I think you did the right thing if you both feel that strongly about your location preferences and if you really don't see yourselves compromising.

1|0
    0|0
  • Wont work out. You are both in different parts of your life and different wants. You did the right thing

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• You did the right thing.

You know that long distance relationships won't work, and you're also not comfortable living in her town. You're better off having a girl who lives in the Boston area as well.

0|0
    0|0
  • That was kind of insensitive. She was with you for five years and she was willing to live in Boston with you and near your family, and you can't do the same for her? It wasn't the right thing to do to break up, and you shouldn't have swept it under the rug like that. If you have problems, then you need to deal with it in a helpful way.

If you aren't fine with moving to Chicago, then you need to communicate the reasons why you don't want to move there. Tell her you're afraid that by moving there, both of you may have to start looking for jobs all over again and you aren't sure if it will work. There is that risk factor involved in moving somewhere else.

You shouldn't have broken up just over something like this. Try to find productive ways of dealing with it. Maybe you both can live in Boston and once in a while, you both can visit Chicago together. Maybe you can compromise. That is, if she accepts you back.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes