Should I tell her bf?

This girl I know posts nudes on her blog and plans to cheat on her boyfriend (my best friend) with one guy in particular who she met online...her boyfriend doesn't know and they're relationship is not open like that. I was thinking of just anonymously sending him the link and that's all, nothing else, so he knows and can see the proof...

It's hard to pick the right thing to do, I guess there really is no right way which is why I try to pretend like I don't know. On the one hand, it's not supposed to be my business, generally people hate when others get involved, but on the other, he should know what she's doing, because if no one else knows then she's just going to get away with it.I can do nothing or I can do something...I don't know. I'm losing sleep about this because I mean he's my best friend. He doesn't recognize the signs and I'm worried she'll just keep cheating. Have you been in a similar situation? Realistically what would you do? Help Please...

73

Most Helpful Girl

• I generally feel the way you do about it not being your business except under a few circumstances. 1)The person is your family member 2) The cheating could affect you in some way or force you to lie and 3) The person is your closest friend.

For everyone else, I'm sorry to say I don't get involved even if I know the people being cheated on. I did that once before and it ended up being me that got in trouble, while the two of them stayed together. Only family and my best friend is worth sticking my neck out for.

Or, in this other case, my coworker is cheating on her husband and has been using me as her alibi without my consent since I don't know her husband well. This bothered me as I never agreed to participate in this lying game she created, and had no intentions to lie to her husband if he ever asked me directly. This last time, she almost got caught, and actually alluded to the idea that I drug her to a party where I cheated on my boyfriend ( don't cheat, for the record). That was sort of the final straw and I told her I'd tell him exactly where I was that night (at home with my boyfriend) if he ever asked.

Usually it's best to stay out of it, bu in your circumstance, I think it's best to tell your friend about it, if he's really your closest friend.