A man that's been cheated on. Is it more or less likely to cheat in his next relationship?

A man that has been cheated on by his girlfriend in a previous relationship, is he more or less likely to cheat on future girlfriends?

421

Most Helpful Guy

• First of all cheating is a character flaw and not all men who were cheated on will resort to cheating in their next relationship. Of the small percentage that do, probably most likely are either immature, or had it in their mind to cheat all the long, or even may have cheated and gotten away with it.

Generally, a man with good moral character (and a bad decision in a mate) will most likely carry his moral character into his next relationship. Unfortunately he may also carry some emotional scarring with him meaning he is less likely to openly trust his next mate as easily. She will most likely be put through additional challenges that the previous girlfriend most likely didn't have to go through. However, it will be her actions that will affect the next relationship.

Because of the trust issues, he will definitely have a wall up, as well as heightened senses and be more questionable of her activity when he isn't around her, even if she hasn't given him a reason to. She can thank the girlfriend who cheated for that.

He may also create obstacles to "test" her desire to be with him by making himself difficult at times or even making her go through a lot to reach him. Everything she does will be put under a microscope and even if she isn't intentionally sending signals of doubt, he may find reason in her actions. Either way, expect some commitment issues because of this.

He may even question the behavior of her closest friend(s) being that he may feel they may play a part in setting up opportunities to cheat or creating an alibi so she can cheat. Needless to say, she will have a much more difficult time reaching him and getting him to put his guard down.

• Well said I agree in most cases and I've been cheated on,used,back stabbed and betrayed all because of my kindness one of my options I do have just to give up don't worry I do have other options besides just give up. And yes I'm still a virgin I'm saving my virginity till marriage and I expect her to do the same.

i haven't decided to hire escorts,prostitutes/hookers etc. yet these are just 2 of my options I do have like I said don't worry I do have other options besides the 2 I listed :).