Should I move to Austin or Seattle?

I am trying to decide which of these cities to move to. What I am looking for is a place where I can meet people easily, somewhere that is more artsy, someplace affordable for a college student, and basically just a city that it's fun to be young and alive in.

Anyone have any thoughts on either city?

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Austin is one of the nations top ten fastest growing cities in the United Sates so finding a job would not be too difficult. And not to mention that the housing market here is far cheaper than most of the United States so buying a house here would not cost a fortune. I've been to austin and it it is nice, people are relatively friendly and it is home to UT which is a big college so I would say it gets pretty active at night.

Thats all I can say right now about austin I don't know anything about seattle other than it snows...

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 12

• Seattle is a major metropolitan city and has pretty much whatever you would want (except for good weather perhaps). I have heard Austin has a lot going on culturally for a smaller city. If that appeals to you then let the climate be the deciding factor.

0|0
    0|0
  • Austin definitely. A good majority of my friends live there, and are very happy with the city. It's also one of the most technologically advanced cities out there, for school and other means.

0|0
    0|0
  • Benefits t either. Try finding a job in either one first? Like get a few interviews set up before you move out somewhere?

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm in the military so I've spent time in both places. I'm currently stationed in Seattle. I would say Seattle. Unless your a very out doorsy person. Because it rains here ALL the time. The only time you will see the sun is from June to August. I have not seen the sun since I came back from Afghanistan in December. No bullsh*t. It's raining right now. However it's very artsy and pike place is awesome. There is a lot more to do hear plus you can get to Portland in about 2 hrs and Vancouver Canada in about 3

0|0
    0|0
  • I would personally move to Seattle. The west coast is absolutely gorgeous. I like the rain, and the liberal tree hugging hippies.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, it rains a lot in Seattle. Austin is a chill spot, I've been there. Both places have areas that are artsy.

0|0
    0|0
  • lol all these people and their rain comments are funny. Seattle is actually cool and relatively dry all summer and a good portion of the spring and the fall. It actually rains more in Austin Texas 6 months of the year then it does in Seattle. The reason why Seattle gets a bad reputation for rain is because it rains when it's cold and grey in the winter and the days are short. That can be pretty miserable, but a huge portion of the year is actually really nice. Don't make your decision based on the rain... Take a serious look at the cities. I'm not to familiar with Austin, even though I've been there before. I've never really liked Texas all that much. It's just not for me. I think the Pacific North West is a relatively nice, though I don't know that I'd make my home in Seattle.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well Grey's Anatomy takes place in Seattle...so Seattle.

0|0
    0|0
  • Austin cause it doesn't rain all the time

0|0
    0|0
  • Neither. Move to Cleveland

0|0
    0|0
  • Austin. It's got a ton of bars and nice people. Only downside is the heat, but its better then rain all the time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Move to Australia

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Austin is a southern liberal college city...keep in mind, although people from Austin pride themselves on being hipster liberal and unique and sh*t, they're still very southern as is UT.

But it's a really good college town. Lots of places to eat, listen to local music, SXSW is hosted there, Round-Up just passed...it has a big music culture

0|0
    0|0
  • Seattle! So much better. But if you want a PRIME artistic and awesome place go to Victoria BC!

0|0
    0|0
  • Austin.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never been to Seattle, so I don't know what it's like there.

But I have been to Austin many times and generally, I like it. I like bouncing from place to place on 6th Street, seeing TONS of musicians and bands play. It's a great music town, which is why I go there so often.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes