What would you consider "cheating?"

So, what would you really consider cheating?

It seems lots of people I talk to have the mentality that meeting someone new while in a relationship already is the norm. That sometimes, you end relationships because you meet someone "better."

Is this really the case? How far is too far? What is really considered "cheating?" Can you please help me define?

82

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes. "Cheating" is relative. However, there is no doubt in my mind that cheating is the thought of being with another person while already in a relationship. Although people might think "just this one kiss" or something like that is not cheating, one thing can lead to another, and before you know it, it is too late. People should not act on their desires for someone else while already in a relationship.

People always think the grass is greener on the other side. Instead of being content, people sometimes think they meet someone better. The thing is, by "better", people often think of "better looks and better personality", but good looks and personality don't always mean that that person is caring, empathic, and willing to listen. Who knows, by leaving for someone "better", eventually that person may also leave for someone "better".

So to me, even the lowest level of "cheating" is considered cheating. Just because someone thinks you (in general) are not cheating, does not mean you are not cheating. The problem is, people think "I'm not cheating, I haven't done 'this or that' ". The thing is, even the lowest level of cheating is wrong, and may eventually lead to even worse "cheating".