What would you consider "cheating?"

So, what would you really consider cheating?

It seems lots of people I talk to have the mentality that meeting someone new while in a relationship already is the norm. That sometimes, you end relationships because you meet someone "better."

Is this really the case? How far is too far? What is really considered "cheating?" Can you please help me define?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes. "Cheating" is relative. However, there is no doubt in my mind that cheating is the thought of being with another person while already in a relationship. Although people might think "just this one kiss" or something like that is not cheating, one thing can lead to another, and before you know it, it is too late. People should not act on their desires for someone else while already in a relationship.

People always think the grass is greener on the other side. Instead of being content, people sometimes think they meet someone better. The thing is, by "better", people often think of "better looks and better personality", but good looks and personality don't always mean that that person is caring, empathic, and willing to listen. Who knows, by leaving for someone "better", eventually that person may also leave for someone "better".

So to me, even the lowest level of "cheating" is considered cheating. Just because someone thinks you (in general) are not cheating, does not mean you are not cheating. The problem is, people think "I'm not cheating, I haven't done 'this or that' ". The thing is, even the lowest level of cheating is wrong, and may eventually lead to even worse "cheating".

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• Flirting, conversing or touching another person with the intent of intimacy beyond friendship.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• For me, you are cheating if you are doing something with someone else that you wouldn't want your partner doing with someone else or are being just as intimate if not more with someone other than your partner. This can be anything from kissing someone else to having deep conversations about your future and past to having sex of any sort.

In my family, it is normal to greet close family friends with a quick peck on the lips but since I started my relationship I've limited that because I know it would upset him and he doesn't do that with other people. I am not afraid to admit to him when I find someone to be attractive and he doesn't have a problem doing that either, normally I even agree on how hot the girl is. I am very open about my sexuality and have no problems with his or my sexuality or preferences. He's told me he usually prefers brunettes over blondes, I'm blond and I like knowing I was the exception instead of the rule. Also we have discussed more or less what we consider OK behavior with the opposite sex since most of my friends are men and half of his friends are women. We trust each other complete and are very open about what we do when we aren't together. When you lose that trust and openness you lose your relationship.

1|1
    0|0
  • It is the norm? That's news to me. :s I think cheating can be emotional or physical. Anything as small as dirty talk, kissing, etc. is cheating to me. I think people should break it off with their boyfriend/girlfriend before seeking attention from the other person.

2|2
    0|0
  • Any behavior with a member of the opposite sex that you don't want your partner knowing about. This can range from sex to a conversation. If you don't want your partner to know, there is usually a romantic or sexual intent and you shouldn't do it. Simple as that.

2|1
    0|0
  • Cheating for me is: touching and communication with the opposite sex that go beyond the friendship boundaries

1|1
    0|0
  • Cheating is relative, I agree. However, to me cheating is not just having sex or kissing another person, it is also flirting with them or spending alone time with them.

I don't think I'd be okay with my boyfriend having close girl friends or texting other women very often, but I am not a hypocrite about it, I don't text guys when I'm in a relationship hardly ever so it is mutual respect and an expectation of mine.

I think it'd be said to meet people during a relationship, and flirt with them and break up with your original partner because of that... however, I'd much rather prefer someone break up with me than cheat on me.. Both hurt, but cheating during the relationship would hurt more.

0|2
    0|0
  • cheating is prolonged conversation with any girl...outside of work...that I don't know about.

2|1
    0|0
    • leave me alone please. you're not my boyfriend so this answer doesn't matter to you

• to start off, I'll say that guys will always look at other girls and girls will always look at other guys. it's human nature and we all do it. however, cheating starts when one party looks and touches. there's nothing wrong with a simple hug but there's a line. any serious physical contact with someone that's not your significant other is cheating, talking to that person far more than your boy/girlfriend, and doing things with that person more than your boy/girlfriend is cheating. if you try to keep it a secret, that's also not good.

1|1
    0|0
  • Anything you wouldn't tell your significant other about or want him/her to find out about

2|2
    0|0

Recommended myTakes