It's OK to cheat if it didn't mean anything was only one time?

Would that fly with you?

I'm guessing no right?
Updates:
So far so good. but what if you were the 'other man/woman'? does that mean you are not responsible for them cheating? since they are in the relationship not you?
link OK well was just making sure most of us are on the same page here cause this is exactly what this girl is arguing.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Absolutely not. I've always felt that cheating is disgusting, completely disrespectful, and ultimately a huge betrayal of trust and your bond/feelings as a couple. Deliberate or 'accidental'. Being a knowing accomplice to cheating is just as morally reprehensible in my eyes. The way I see it, the cheater has loyalties to their partner, so it says a little about their character that such loyalties can just be tossed aside like nothing. Whereas the accomplice typically seems to be sorely lacking in empathy and compassion for others, and have a very selfish and self-absorbed outlook on life and interpersonal relationships; no regard for others or basic respect. Both actions and the mentalities/traits that tend to accompany them, are to me, unacceptable. Loyalty is one of the core principles that strongly shape my life and decisions/outlooks. So I feel very strongly about situations like these and to a point, I feel similarly about people who willingly engage in such behaviors, especially repeat offenders.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 8

• Cheating is wrong even if it was one time and meant nothing. It hurts the relationship in away that the trust would be gone and will never really be fixed because you will always wonder what your partner is doing when your not with them.

0|1
    0|0
  • No, I think if you want to cheat you shouldn't be in a relationship in the first place. I would only be the other woman if I absolutely despised the woman he was with (as in hated her before I met him and use it as pay back) but that is very rare.

0|1
    0|0

• "It's OK to cheat if it didn't mean anything was only one time?"

It's never OK to cheat and it always means something.

"Update: So far so good. but what if you were the 'other man/woman'? does that mean you are not responsible for them cheating?"

I would never be the other woman. EVER.

But if my partner cheated on me with another woman then I would blame him more than the other woman. He would be the one who betrayed my trust, not her (if she was a stranger). Plus, I strongly dislike people with no willpower.

0|1
    0|0
  • Imagine this: your girlfriend told you something personal about herself. Some time later, she finds out you told a random friend of yours who you're not even that close with. It was a mistake, that person doesn't mean anything to you. Does that change the fact that your girlfriend feels betrayed and humiliated and she doesn't know if she can trust you again?

I imagine it's the same concept. It doesn't matter if it meant anything to you or not; what matters is that you didn't stop it from happening, and now I've lost my trust in you.

0|1
    0|0
  • That's unacceptable. You have control over your action, even when you're horny. So you're still responsible

0|1
    0|0
  • No, that wouldn't fly with me. It only takes one time to completely break trust.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not having a reason and doing it without it meaning would make me even more upset. It means that you can do it again and again...

0|1
    0|0
    • @update... you are responsible if you know they are cheating.

• No is correct. Cheating is cheating whether it meant something or not.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• I have to say no it's no OK. I'm not one to bash ppl, so I'm not going to do that.

The problem is your attitude. The non-chalant "I DONT CARE!" attitude about cheating, shows immaturity on your part.

I highly doubt that you will be faithful to ANYONE until you change your mindset to actually feel bad about cheating.

0|0
    0|0
  • even if it was only once and even if it werent serious, I still wouldn't be able to see a long term relationship with her, if a girl cheated on me.

i wouldn't hold grudges or seek revenge. I would just amicably end things and move on. it's not fair for me to constantly worry if she'll cheat again. and it's not fair for her to continue a relationship with the stigma of being a cheater being worn around her neck.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would never knowingly cheat with someone or be a "partner-in-crime" with someone who is in a relationship and looking to cheat.

0|0
    0|0
  • You can't justify cheating, it's wrong no matter what.

1|0
    0|0
  • That girl in the link should change her 1st name to Door and last name to Mat

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes