Why can't I move on from her...?

I dated a girl about two years ago that lasted a year (but only saw each other for around 2-3 months because I moved). I got quite connected with her and from what it seemed, she did also. One thing lead to another and I went back to visit and I became her first, she was my second :'(. The rest of that year past and the stresses of long distance relationships got the better of us. We both agreed to take a step back and be best friends, it was for the best. So time passed and here I am, sitting at my laptop at one am still wishing I could turn back time. I loved her, and I feel like I still do, but I don't want to anymore. She seemed to move on from me, so there is no need for me to keep these feelings anymore. What should I do?

71

Most Helpful Girl

• You can't move on because she is your first love/you are in love with her.

A lot of people say that you never truly move on from your first love. The first love is the hardest to get over.

Despite everything, I will always love my ex.

You have two choices. You either accept that you cannot be together, for whatever reason that may be, and you just live knowing that she's your what if girl, or, you try and work things out with her. Find out how she feels. I always say to people follow your heart. Your head may talk logic, but your heart knows what makes you happy and what you want. Love is illogical.

I wish you the best. It's not a nice feeling. Good luck.