Why can't I move on from her...?

I dated a girl about two years ago that lasted a year (but only saw each other for around 2-3 months because I moved). I got quite connected with her and from what it seemed, she did also. One thing lead to another and I went back to visit and I became her first, she was my second :'(. The rest of that year past and the stresses of long distance relationships got the better of us. We both agreed to take a step back and be best friends, it was for the best. So time passed and here I am, sitting at my laptop at one am still wishing I could turn back time. I loved her, and I feel like I still do, but I don't want to anymore. She seemed to move on from me, so there is no need for me to keep these feelings anymore. What should I do?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• You can't move on because she is your first love/you are in love with her.

A lot of people say that you never truly move on from your first love. The first love is the hardest to get over.

Despite everything, I will always love my ex.

You have two choices. You either accept that you cannot be together, for whatever reason that may be, and you just live knowing that she's your what if girl, or, you try and work things out with her. Find out how she feels. I always say to people follow your heart. Your head may talk logic, but your heart knows what makes you happy and what you want. Love is illogical.

I wish you the best. It's not a nice feeling. Good luck.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 6

• Don't feel bad I my ex and I broke up a year and a half ago and it was a long distance relationship we were childhood friends and we liked each other since we were young we tried dating didn't work because of the distance and I secretly wish he would just show up on my doorstep because I miss him but I know it isn't going to happen so I guess my advice is you can dream about the past or you can move on finally say it has been years and she has moved on and push her from your mind! You can do it!

0|0
    0|0
  • Your first love is your true love. You really loved her. But the thing is you can't go back in time. :|

I remember my furst luv. I fell for him, and we were together for like 3 years almost. but he moved away and we couldn't get a long distance relationship, so I was heartbroken. But you need to move on, as there are other fish in the sea. but unfortunatly not all are alike. maybe you'll find someone different whom you may like. Good luck!

XOXO

Kylie

0|0
    0|0
  • its normal to feel this way and those feelings won't go away,ever...you can go out with friends get a hobby...you'll find someone that you will love even more than her...trying to get the past in the present is not always a good thing...

0|0
    0|0
  • Your first love is always the hardest. You will always have that special place for that first love. The best thing to do is find someone else or keep your mind occupied with things you like to do. Good luck.

0|0
    0|0
  • Know that there's no reason to think about her anymore. You are only friends now, and will probably stay like that from now on. Move on and date a girl in your location, it'll be better off since long distance relationships really are hard.

0|0
    0|0
  • You need diversion, try dating other girls.. then ask yourself if you are still in love with that girl you dated 2 years ago

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• Simply move on as well. Nothing will happen in your life if you'll just think about her.

Find a girl for yourself and give her your commitment, trust and care.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes