Boyfriend has implied I'm greedy with his time - how to respond?

We only really see each other once a week, sometimes less sometimes more depending on our schedules/what's happening on weekends.

He's not the most outwardly affectionate of guys, which I don't mind as I much prefer that to my clingy, needy ex. Anyway, he's going away for a few weeks, so it'll be at least that long before I see him again and I just commented that it'll be a while which is a bit sad for me. He replied quite sarcastically and it sounded like he has implying I was being silly and greedy with his time. I don't know, maybe I'm just reading into it too much, but I felt a little hurt, I don't want to feel like he doesn't enjoy seeing me as much as I see him. I think he picked up on that Because he changed subjects.

Just not sure how to respond to this - suggestions on this kind of situation/dealing with a partner who's not as affectionate a person as yourself?

22

Most Helpful Girl

• if he doesn't care as much he doesn't care as much. there's nothing you can actually do about it . there's no point feeling badly.

this is him. if it bothers you alo. break up. maybe how you feel now is how your clingy boyfriend felt. you shouldn't think of people as clingy because there will always be a time when you're in the the shoe.

just recognize people have different styles of connecting. no one is clingy its just different preferences.

if this isn't working break up.

on the other hand a few weeks is no big deal. you know you'll see him again so look forward to that.

it probably bothers you because the quality f time you spend is lacking. if you felt wholesome in the time you spend you probably wouldn't be feeling sad before he's even left.

you should probably re evaluate how well this whole thing is working.

wherher its easier for him or not to be away. he's still being an ass.

thereso excuse for that.