How do I handle it when girls automatically assume my boyfriend isn't?

I'm 46 and my guy is 31. We've been dating for 8 years and things are amazing. Here's the thing. When we go out together, other women just assume he is my son or nephew. When he goes to the restroom, or to get drinks, whatever, I have these women come over and ask for my son's phone number. I tell them he is not my son he is my boyfriend and I get "the look". That look that says what the hell is he doing with you? I'm not beautiful, but I'm no dog either. When he comes back to the table, I've had them actually give him their phone number right in front of me! He, of course, politely says no. This happens every time we go out together. He's built, smart, incredible handsome and has this warm personality. How do I handle these women who just don't believe he could be with someone like me and insists on openly flirting and propositioning him? When we are out together, you can tell we are a couple. He holds my hand, had his arm around me, kisses me. I try to be a lady and politely tell them to back off but when they don't listen to me and he tells them the same thing, but they continue, what should I do then?
The age difference is a factor, I accept that. I feel a sense of pride that women find my guy attractive, and I agree with the responses that there isn't much I can really do about it. We went out last night, and were having a nice dinner...just talking and relaxing. This woman comes up to the table, writes her number down on a napkin and told my boyfriend that if he got tired of "old and boring" and wanted a woman who was "not an embarrassement and hot in bed" to call her.

79

Most Helpful Guy

• In all fairness, I really don't see that much of an issue with the age difference, and while I wish I had some really stunning advice on how to deal with this issue. I fear I don't. The only thing I can offer is for you to not worry about it, I know it must be irritating, however I would consider it somewhat flattering that there are so many women after your man, granted I can't say I would feel the same way if all the guys were after my girlfriend. One last thought, it seems to me that all the younger women approaching your boyfriend don't seem to have any self respect, class or both. I say this because even when I was single, if I was attracted to somebody else's girl, I stayed away, and if I made the mistake of approaching a woman who was in a committed relationship I would have had the decency to apologize, and then leave her alone. I suggest this because it sounds to me like you are a woman of substance, and you have something all these other women can't seem to offer, so I would not worry so much about these other women. It sounds like you two have a secure relationship. Kudos to you BTW, I hope this helps some.