Help with extremely jealous girlfriend

So I've been dating my girlfriend for about 5 months we've know each other for about 4 years and she's honestly been the best girlfriend ever(other then the jealousy). Now to the bad part, my girlfriend is the most jealous person I've ever met ever. I can't even mention another girl without her getting jealous. So I do my best to keep her from feeling insecure, I give her plenty of attention and tell her how beautiful she is everyday, I haven't called or texted a girl since we've got together. But despite my efforts she still get very jealous, just last week she got jealous of my English teacher because she talks to my girlfriend about me a lot, so instead if just telling me she got jealous she got mad at me and didn't want to talk to me -_- and there's this one girl I talked to and was about to get with but didn't that she is extremely jealous of, she think this other girl is so much more beautiful then her (and I can ensure you she's not), I haven't spoke to this other girl in 4 years -__- she even gets mad at me when she has dreams about me and other girls -_- I have a pretty high self esteem so I hardly ever get jealous with her, I know about every guy she's slept with and all her ex's and it does bother me a little but I don't let it get in the way of our relationship, I know that before we got together one of her ex boyfriends cheated on her with multiple girls and she let it go on (source of jealousy?) I really care about her and I don't wanna let her go, because when she's not jealous everything is beyond perfect, I just wanna help her with so being insecure.

103

Most Helpful Girl

• I know exactly what you're going through. My boyfriend was cheated on by his first with over 50 guys..she sent pictures too o: so he's extremely jealous and insecure of everything. It's really hard, and we fight about it. But if you truly care about her then just work with her. Ask why things make her so jealous. If you're in a public place, pay attention to her, don't let her catch you looking at other girls (that's if you do). Don't make your number one priority her, but make sure she's getting the attention and affection she needs. Personally, I'm extremely jealous too (but that's because I'm 18 and my boyfriend is 22, and he watches videos *wink wink*that make me not feel beautiful and blah blah blah, but I was also put down by my family my whole life) and that could also be her problem. Ask her if family or things from the past (other than her getting cheated on) triggers her being jealous. Memories. Anything like that. Just have regular talks with her, do cute things to show her you care, leave candies or little notes in her purse, locker etc. it could also be your high self esteem, hers could be low so she might think that since you're so "carefree" lets say about certain things, that you want other girls or don't think she's the best. Reassure her that she is the one you want. That's all you really can do. Talk, listen, love and reassure. If this doesn't help you out a little then I'm sorry, but this is what my boyfriend and I have been doing and it's helped. ALOT. goodluck :)