Ex is super confusing!

So my ex boyfriend broke up with me two days ago in a very strange way. He started by telling me that he loves me so much and sees me as his perfect mate, but that he has to leave me because he's not ready emotionally for a relationship and doesn't want to hurt me. He kept telling me that his heart wanted him to stay but his head was telling him not to. It was strange because he said "I love you" when he walked away...

Anyway, point being, he said he still wanted to be friends. we work together, unfortunately, and yesterday was the first time we saw each other since the break up. He went out of his way to avoid us seeing each other, although we did glance at each other a few times. Why is this? Why does he have to act so strange and avoid even simply walking by me? He's the one that broke up with me, he should have an easier time with this right? If he said he still wanted me in his life, why is he behaving like this?

thank you

44

Most Helpful Guy

• Sometimes us guys are pretty complicated. It'll be hard to tell you his exact motives when we don't know your full story with him. But I'll give you some ideas.

First I have to warn you... I am not trying to make you lose your mind thinking if you've done something wrong and caused him to leave.

His personality, from what I can tell, is a little unconfident but totally a nice guy. That can explain the behavior he is showing. And for why he broke up with you can be anything. He just isn't feeling it anymore, you did something that he really didn't like, he likes someone else, etc.

Break ups are never easy.