Ex is super confusing!

So my ex boyfriend broke up with me two days ago in a very strange way. He started by telling me that he loves me so much and sees me as his perfect mate, but that he has to leave me because he's not ready emotionally for a relationship and doesn't want to hurt me. He kept telling me that his heart wanted him to stay but his head was telling him not to. It was strange because he said "I love you" when he walked away...

Anyway, point being, he said he still wanted to be friends. we work together, unfortunately, and yesterday was the first time we saw each other since the break up. He went out of his way to avoid us seeing each other, although we did glance at each other a few times. Why is this? Why does he have to act so strange and avoid even simply walking by me? He's the one that broke up with me, he should have an easier time with this right? If he said he still wanted me in his life, why is he behaving like this?

thank you

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Sometimes us guys are pretty complicated. It'll be hard to tell you his exact motives when we don't know your full story with him. But I'll give you some ideas.

First I have to warn you... I am not trying to make you lose your mind thinking if you've done something wrong and caused him to leave.

His personality, from what I can tell, is a little unconfident but totally a nice guy. That can explain the behavior he is showing. And for why he broke up with you can be anything. He just isn't feeling it anymore, you did something that he really didn't like, he likes someone else, etc.

Break ups are never easy.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• Truth is only he knows. If I loved someone, id never ever let them go. I've heard something very similar from my ex before. In my case it was because she went to be with someone else. I hope that its not the case for you. However time will tell though. Keep busy and try to not think about it too much.

0|0
    0|0
  • Believe me it is best to not think about his reasons.. won't get you any where .. it is nothing you did.. it is his issues whatever they are .

Move on and don't look back

0|0
    0|0
  • Basically he dumped you. And If I love someone I wouldn't do that, I don't think any other guy would. So just forget him and avoid him the same way he does. Move on.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• A guy wouldn't break up with you like that if he really did love you. He seems to be trying to make up an excuse when in there is probably no other reason than a commitment issue. Try to move on.

0|0
    0|0
  • ignore him. if he really loved you (like what others said here), he would never break off with u.

some guys like to confuse girls by saying all those things or you are too good for me etc...

0|0
    0|0
  • For now ignore him. And just do your own thing. May be he is confused. May be he doesn't wanna lead you on and make you feel you guys can get back? just ignore him for now and concentrate on yourself

0|0
    0|0
    • I went through something similar. Maybe your ex has commitment issues like mine, and is afraid of his feelings for you? And he is probably avoiding you because he still has feelings for you and it hurts too much to see you. I would give him some space and not initiate contact, and if he still has feelings for you he will be the one to start off contact. Just remember not to mope because that will only push him away. Be happy and keep going with your life! Guys like an independent girl!

• sometimes guys say stuff like that when the break up to let you down easy.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes