What do you really think about YOUR ex now that you moved on?

i just want to know who broke up with who and why?

and what do you think of them now?

do you hate them, do you still have some sort of feelings for them, are you jealous if they get another boyfriend, do you still find them attractive... I'm technically giving you a chance to rant about your ex here :)

75

Most Helpful Girl

• My most recent ex kinda broke up with me. I say kinda because there was no actual breaking up, we just slowly stopped seeing each other after he started seeing someone new. He did most of the drifting.

I don't get jealous in relationships and I honestly didn't mind that he was seeing someone else. He didn't say who, but I knew; I was actually quite into her myself but I generally don't date people that much younger than me. I did get sad when I saw less and less of him, I was losing someone really close to me, someone I considered a best friend, and the loneliness sucked. I overcame that loneliness by focusing on friends. Relationships come and go but good friends will always be there. I think sometime when you're in a relationship you can forget how important friends are because your focus tends to be all on one person. I think that's why breakups are often hard.

What do I think of him now? Well there's definitely no ill feelings. He was a pretty great guy, the first nice guy I've dated seriously and I'm grateful that I had him in my life for a while. If I hadn't met him I would have continued to think that the jerks I dated in the past were more or less the norm. He upped my standards for what I want in a relationship and I see that as incredibly valuable long term. I'm also happy that he found someone he likes and I'm glad that he had the courage to follow his heart. To me its a compliment that he felt comfortable enough around me to explore those options without fear of reprisal or whatever.

Would I see him again? I honestly don't know. For one, I don't know the terms of his new relationship and if they're dating each other exclusively I definitely don't want to be the cause of him losing someone he really cares about. Also, I think if we hooked up again it would be different to before, because there's no passion there anymore and it would probably just be casual sex. I don't want to disrespect him by only seeing him for sex when he meant so much more to me in the past. I'd rather hold on to good memories than create awkward ones. I definitely would like to see more of him as a friend, but I know he needs time to get to that point himself. I get that it can be weird having your ex around your new girlfriend. My hope is that one day we consider each other more as 'friends' and less as 'exes'.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE