I got rebounded, have never hurt this bad...

So me and my ex dated for about 3 months, started off as FWB's. She was still txting her ex when we first met, sometimes even when we were in bed together in the morning she'd respond to him. We started hanging out a lot and she stopped returning his texts. She expressed she was only a few months off a long relationship and didn't want one. I said that was fine. But slowly but surley we both got attached and she asked we should be BF/GF. soon as I said we can give it a shot she texted her ex saying she had a new bf...

And she would always talk about stories she had with her ex. Instead of just not mentioning him. I realized there was a sh*t load of red flags I just chose to ignore them because I really liked this girl. She told me she loved me first etc all that junk. But then all the sudden she lost interest in me. Her ex cheated on her and was un educated and I'm educated and a nice guy with a bad side as well.

I just feel used, like I didn't do anything wrong to lose her she just wasn't over her ex. But she made me feel as if I was the problem? Anyone else ever experienced this? I'm having a terribly hard time getting over this, way harder than my 2 1/2 year relationship.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• The problem here is that you know but still you wonder. Do you really know what do you want? Oftentimes what starts bad ends bad because the values are in the wrong places. You'll have to learn from it and suck it up and move on my friend. Never let yourself be a toy even if its fun (sexually). That's just the devil dressed like cupid.

It's common that girls who feel undervalued by their exes and love them make them feel bad even unconsciously. It's a hard time and a hard game. No results can be guaranteed, but you may score. But the risk is greater and you'll be missing the joy of really meeting a good (and sane) girl.

0|0
    0|0
    • Well she told me about her past of abusive boyfriends and told me I was the best person she had ever met. Like for Valentine's day I took her to a nice place and she couldn't believe it. I wanted to believe she could get over her ex. I think the next time I see those red flags I'm just going to pass up on it. This break up has crushhhhhed me. Let my self get used

• That's not random. She does has a weakness for abusive guys because she was pretty low self esteem. And whomever can't love herself mostly certain can't show love to others. Hope you learn from this.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

• I am sorry you had to go through this. The reason why it hurts so bad is because it hurt your ego. men hate being rejected. Actually everyone hates being rejected . I would say just ignore her . and divert your mind. And forget about her. You will find someone better. ANd next time when you see the red flags let it go.

0|0
    0|0
    • I didn't put this in the original post but. About 2 months in she had cheated on me with some high school kid because she was wasted. like made out with him and let him go down on her. She told me a few days later and I broke up with her but she begged for me back, told me all this sh*t how she loved me and she was sorry. How she was scared of commitment with me because she didn't see anything wrong with me. I'm a fool for letting my self get hurt twice like that.

• Yeah. I am sorry dear, but she doesn't seem like the right girl for you. I know its very tough. I am going through a break up myself. And its after 2.5 years that the guy dumped me . Best thing to do is cut contact and move on. Trust me , even if she begs you to take her back you don't want such a girl in your life.

What Guys Said 3

• Yeah bro I know the feel. Chalk it up to a life experience and move on. There will be plenty more incidences like this in your life, at least now you can sniff them out and avoid them. Just remember it wasn't your fault. You'll meet a decent girl in due time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I have and it hurt me more than others because I have never been in a serious relationship and it made me feel like the only girls interested in me want a hookup or fling and nothing more. That scared me.

The girl who rebounded on me was crazy and rude. She asked to make fun of her ex for his babydick if we ran into him. She also sent me nudes before meeting me in person. Like you I ignored red flags because I liked her. We had a lot in common and she was gorgeous. Never ignore red flags, even from friends too.

0|0
    0|0
  • Simply move on and forget all about her.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah I'm trying to, Just trying the NC rule. Not to get her back for my own sanity. I thought this girl was amazing and didn't see anything wrong with her. We had crazy chemistry into all the same things. She just wasn't over her ex. But just gotta do my best to move on and forget about it. Just hard when you never really exit that honeymoon stage and you lose someone.

Recommended myTakes