Help: Ex put up strong walls against me!

My ex and I were really close friends and co-workers, and he had a crush on me. He said he thought about me all the time, and had to ask me out. After dating for 9 months, he broke up with me. He said he's too young (23 y/o), and got scared because he knew this was only heading towards permenant commitment, which he wasn't ready for.

There was nothing wrong with our relationship. And the more I think about it, the more I think we do fit together. And part of me always wonders, how he could walk away from me? Like how he could he not want me anymore? Don't most guys want a cute and sweet and smart girl to hold at night and that takes care of them?

At first, after the break up, he was still very much in love. But in the last few months, he told me he is totally over it, and can be friends if I want to be. He doesn't understand how I can still have feelings. Because we had to work closely after the break up, I never had a chance to go no contact, and let him miss me.

Seems like he has built up a VERY strong wall against me, and nothing I do ever for the rest of my life can break that wall down. What can I do?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• I know how you feel. Me and My ex broke up a few weeks ago because she felt she had to let me go and she didn't want me to ruin my life for her. She already had her BA, and I still had 5 years of school left to get my doctorate. She didn't want me to base where I went to school on her, didn't want to be responsible for me staying for her. Our relationship was awesome we got along on all levels, great sex, and hung out all the time. But it got to serious for her and she said she was afraid because she could see no end to us only a future... I guess it scares some people.