Is it OK to date your best friends ex?

My best friend met him at a party we were at and she soon started dating him, they were only together a week before she dumped him for her ex boyfriend. We started talking and soon became close friends, to cut a long story short he wants us to be official and not see other people. I'm not sure if he is doing it to get back at her and I don't want her to hate me if me and him where to get together.. Confused

15

Most Helpful Guy

• A week, that is nothing! Do what makes you and him happy. The ex-girlfriend obviously didn't want what he had to offer. No reason to feel bad about it.

If they were together for years and had a long history, it may be a different story.