Is it OK to date your best friends ex?

My best friend met him at a party we were at and she soon started dating him, they were only together a week before she dumped him for her ex boyfriend. We started talking and soon became close friends, to cut a long story short he wants us to be official and not see other people. I'm not sure if he is doing it to get back at her and I don't want her to hate me if me and him where to get together.. Confused

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• A week, that is nothing! Do what makes you and him happy. The ex-girlfriend obviously didn't want what he had to offer. No reason to feel bad about it.

If they were together for years and had a long history, it may be a different story.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• Normally I'd say it's not okay, but in this case I think it's fine. She dumped him and it was only for a week. I'd still tell her first so she doesn't think you are trying to hide it.

1|0
    0|0
  • There are millions of guys in this world and only one best friend. Not forgetting, guys come and go. Your best friend stays. Are you sure you're ready to ruin that?

0|0
    0|0
    • It may only been a week but she'll start questioning your loyalty and girl code over anything else.

• Thanks that gave me a lot to think about :)

• It's perfectly fine! After all, best friends are a nuisance anyway.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you think he's hot then do it. If you don't think he's hot what's the point?

0|0
    1|1
    • lol @ thumbs down.

What Girls Said 1

• I'd ask your friend first. She'll probably be okay with it, but this way you can avoid confusion and keep your friend. Good luck :)

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes