Is it normal to still care for someone who broke up with you?

Not the case where you broke up with them but THEY broke your heart?

I am referring to the case where you are completely over them, you will never get back together with them, but yet you still "care" for them, meaning you still want what's best for them and for them to be happy. You aren't still obsessively thinking about them at all though...
  • YES
  • NO

33

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, it is perfectly normal because we are human beings. Time will define whether you still care about him/her. Personally, I wouldn't waste my time caring for or thinking about my ex if s/he already moved on. I would rather spend this time doing something I enjoy in life or even spend time with friends or someone else I'm interested in getting to know. Life is short.

And just be careful that your emotional feelings don't interfere or hinder your future relationships. It would complicate another relationship, and it will be unfair to your new partner.