Is it normal to still care for someone who broke up with you?

Is it normal to still care for someone who broke up with you?

Not the case where you broke up with them but THEY broke your heart?

I am referring to the case where you are completely over them, you will never get back together with them, but yet you still "care" for them, meaning you still want what's best for them and for them to be happy. You aren't still obsessively thinking about them at all though...
  • YES
    Vote A
  • NO
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, it is perfectly normal because we are human beings. Time will define whether you still care about him/her. Personally, I wouldn't waste my time caring for or thinking about my ex if s/he already moved on. I would rather spend this time doing something I enjoy in life or even spend time with friends or someone else I'm interested in getting to know. Life is short.

And just be careful that your emotional feelings don't interfere or hinder your future relationships. It would complicate another relationship, and it will be unfair to your new partner.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• I care lots for my ex grilfriend cause I still like her we broke up cause I cheated on her but like I want to see her happy I'm still in high school (senoir) and I heard about how some guy hit her and I beat the crap out of him and got suspend for like 4 days I don't even knoww why but I guess it was cause I still really care about her and don't want to see that happen to her.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. It is normal to still care for people that you have cared for before. What caused you to care for them before has not disappeared. It is still there, especially because he or she was the one to do the breaking of your heart.

0|0
    0|0
  • I still care and wish the best for every single one of my exes regardless of how our relationship ended. They allowed me into their lives.They shared their deepest fantasies. Their hopes and dreams. I may not want them back, but I do care if they are still holding up alright

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• I guess its not ex's but I still care for the people I had amazing memories with that I call crushes we just didn't cross the bridge of dating. but I care about them incredibly its almost unreal and crazy

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's normal.

Even though I'm in no contact with any of my exes, I still wish my them all the best in their lives as they were really good people and good friends of mine. No hard feelings though.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes