Would you take offense by this joke?

My husband and I got married eight months ago and I'm three months pregnant. He's cheated on me before - two different girls at the same time in the beginning of our relationship. Their names are Christina and Rebecca. Yesterday we told his family that we were pregnant and he started joking with them, "I want to name the baby Chrissy or Becky if it's a girl!" His whole family knows he cheated on me with those girls. He even repeated the joke. Am I out of line being really really upset?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You should've fired back with...

YOU: "Yeah, and if it's a boy, we could name him Ramon or Francisco."

HUSBAND: "Why those names?"

YOU: "Oh, come on...it's not like you could cheat on me twice and not expect me to get revenge each time."

(April Fool's! Don't actually say the above to him.)

But, yes, you have a right to be offended.

2|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• Not out of line at all, that is pretty damn terrible and the guy is a total idiot. Very insensitive.

0|0
    0|0
  • Wow what an idiot, he deserves a backhand.

2|1
    0|0
  • You should take offense.

It's clear that he still have sexual attraction for those girls.

0|0
    0|0
  • He should be happy that you married him after something like that, let alone make jokes about it IMO.

However, you have to remember it's a joke for a reason. If it bothers you too much, it will have an affect on your marriage. So forget about it. If he brings it up again, though... then you should be upset with him.

1|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• No, you aren't out of line. Sounds like a disrespectful guy to make that joke, and especially embarrass you like that in front of family... I'd slap a guy if he said that to me, and I've never slapped anyone before in my life.

So don't worry, you have the right to be pissed. He sounds like a fishy guy. I'd be weary of him..

0|0
    0|0
  • You are not out of line. He was clearly being disrespectful to you. Why would you joke about something you've done to hurt your partner.

2|1
    0|0
  • I'd be pretty pissed if my husband did that especially in front of family. If he keeps doing stuff like this, put his ass in line.

3|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes