Boyfriend can't say he loves me because of bad relationship with ex?

my boyfriend and I had some weird tension between us so I decided to bring it up to him and talk it out and he told me about how he dated his ex on and off for about 6 months and they would say I love you all the time but she cheated on him and played him and kinda drained him emotionally and in 2 weeks we will have been dating for six months and we have a great relationship so far but he hasn't told me he loves me. He even told me how he's even planned how he would say it and he can't say it. Has anybody ever been in a situation like this?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, I've had that happen before. There are two issues here. First, whether he realizes it or not, he's punishing YOU for another girl's mistakes. Second, you're concerned because he hasn't said the "L" word to you. I wouldn't be concerned about what he says or doesn't say. Does he SHOW you how much he cares about you? That's what really matters.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• You're Boyfriend can't say that he loves you because he doesn't love you. It's that simple. You will be better off once you deal with that reality.

0|0
    1|0
    • your*

i'm not ready to say it him yet either, but I don't think that means I don't love him?

• When you love someone, you want to tell them...stop reading into it. Say what you mean, mean what you say.

• It seems that your boyfriend has a hard time opening up his feelings even to his current girlfriend.

Give it time. Let him feel comfortable with you and he'll start throwing the words at you with sincerity and genuineness.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• it's not because of his bad relationship with her--he's not over her, simple as that. he will probably deny it for a long, long time but he is not over her. that's why.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes