How much would you be able to stand a girlfriend whol always cry?

I've been dating my boyfriend for 15 months now and lately it seems like I'm always crying. Tonight I cried to him about the do I had when I was little that ran away. He didn't feel good and I feel like I'm starting to annoy him. I don't try to annoy him, nor do I feel like I cry to get his attention because I have it. I just cry all the time and I feel like he's too nice to tell me to suck it up but I can tell that he's fed up with it. The thing is that we've been dating for so long that he's my best friend. Before him I had guys that were my best friends but slowly I started drifting apart and so did they , the only one that stayed by me was my ex and at some point I had to stop talking to him because it upset my boyfriend that I talked to my ex as much as I talked to him. I Don't want to lose him but I don't have anyone else to talk to. How much would you guys put up with if your girlfriend was always crying ?
Updates:
I should add that I do suffer from depression, He's been there from the start of it.. I wasn't always like this it just started happening in the past two months or so..

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Crying doesn't bother me unless it's related to something I'm doing "wrong" then it's annoying when it keeps happening over the same lame things. But about things I didn't do "wrong" I think it is fine and almost even cute. I think it is nice when people/women are compassionate and sentimental (just because I think it can be nice/cute doesn't mean I won't comfort the person though... I won't just sit and point in amusement of course). He should be understanding of your emotional needs, and he may be, I wouldn't just assume he isn't if he hasn't said anything to you about it.

1|0
    0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 11

• If you're troubled the natural reaction is to share it with the person closest to you. I don't mind girls expressing their emotions in front of me. My girlfriend does it all the time. It feels a bit awkward sometimes, but if he loves you he care for you he will show understanding and support. Being able to comfort someone, and being trusted enough to by a person to make her open up to you is what makes me feel useful and special.

However, crying ALL the time at the expense of making new great memories together is a bit too much, usually if I can't comfort a girl, if I can't make her feel better, if I can't make her laugh and forget about her problems this means she is either self-obsessed, a drama queen or she just needs a listener, a confidant, not a boyfriend. A relationship is a dialogue, not a wimpy, whiny never-ending monologue.

So my advice, either try to be more moderate in your emotional outbursts or find someone that will put a smile on your face. It's a proven fact that smiling more often makes you more attractive to and wanted by the opposite (or the same) sex. :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe you're going through a super emotional/introspective period? *shrugs*...it happens...

As a man, it's expected and I learn to tolerate it and accept it because you're women and it's ooooookay. Just be there 'emotionally', 'mentally and physically,...ya know..those things.

So cry all you want! If it's a serious relationship, I don't think I have a choice ya know? lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I would try to comfort her as much as I could, cuddling and holding her hand and having a tissue box next to me for her to use. If you tell him that you've never really opened up to him it might make him feel 'less annoyed' (which he might actually not be) and understand that you're doing this because you've never had the chance to before. Each person is different, I'm don't pretend to be this macho person myself. A lot of others do or try and then they put up huge barriers that don't allow girls to well, be girls. Girls cry, it's just one of those things. Go to a movie theatre and my point is easily proven. You can cry, but don't make it an everyday kind of thing. Sometimes he will just want your company without the crying because he doesn't want you to feel sad forever with him, he would still want to be able to do fun things with you too.

1|0
    0|0
  • If you're crying about stuff that happened years ago to you when you were a kid, you're going to appear (and probably are) unstable.

Yeah, that's a pretty big turn off IMO.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not all of the time. I understand that most females are kind of emotional. But chill on the waterworks. No one wants to deal with that all the time.

0|0
    0|0
  • itd be annoying if you cried about every little thing. I want a girlfriend not a baby no offense. id probably end up getting depressed tbh of course id give my support if they were serious problems. but really life f***s us all in the end, crying about it isn't going to help anything but id guess it might help to get all your emotions out instead of bottling them up. but hey iam not afraid to admit I cry on occasion but not very often, usually when iam drunk lol. last time I cried I was drunk and I was bummed about having to give my dog away and ya I just went through a break up but I think I was more bummed about losing my dog.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's complicated, basically it depends on your age and the age of the guy. Guys are sort of used to girls being far more sensitive than we are and thus we tolerate/accept these types of situations.

However, the male species (lol) is not build to be handling this on a 24/7 basis.

We are problem SOLVERS by nature, if you are crying constantly for no good reason you will eventually push him away.

Two important things to consider:

1. Crying THAT much is not normal, not even for a very sensitive female. You need to focus and try to figure out the reason that is causing you to behave this way and deal with the problem. Are you truly happy?

2. Fun fact for you. A woman's tear (according to some research) actually have some chemical in them or what not that diminishes aggression, sex drive, etc on males.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends how high her sex drive is.

Sadly, I'm serious.

0|1
    0|0
    • I should maybe point out that its not because I 'don't care as long as I'm getting laid'. Tbh, I tend to fall emotionally for depressed girls. But I've learned from the last that I can't be happy with someone with a low drive.

Realistically depressed and a horny little freak is my kryptonite.

• Crying is fine, when it's something serious and recent.

Crying about sh*t that happened years ago is not cool.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would put up with her for like 20-30 minutes. More than that, and I'm living her.

0|0
    1|0
  • I would have dumped you by now.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• well if he truly loves you he will listen to you to comfort you. I honestly think that its a good thing that your that close to him to feel the need to show all your emotions and get advice from you best friend and boyfriend. I cry to my boyfriend all the time and I feel the same way , my boyfriend told me that it seemed like I was craving attention on fb but really I was just sharing how I felt . he understood tho because he loves me and says he will always be there for me. :) I think you shouldn't worry about it because if he has true feelings for you he will just put up with it rather it bothers him or not! ha ha it will be okayyy don't stress over it. I do know that guys are attracted to girls that are happy and smile a lot so I would just focus on fighting your depression and smile:) its the best medicine! goodluck.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you're always crying, that's not normal. Have you been to counseling? Maybe you should get screened for depression. While a partner should be able to tolerate genuine, non-manipulative emotionality, crying every day/all the time is not something a healthy individual does. I have been there and was very very depressed and had to go on Prozac for a bit.

Also, you should still be allowed to be friends with your ex, but maybe your boyfriend is jealous of the emotional intimacy? It's inappropriate to spill your guts to an ex like that while you're in a relationship, IMO.

Best of luck. I hope you stop hurting soon. :/

0|0
    0|0
    • Ok. He needs to be sympathetic. If he makes light of it or gets angry, then you have major warning signs. Has anything happened recently in the last few months?

Recommended myTakes